Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth
"

"Grotesque Boyfriends and Ghosts"

"

A few days after Jasper had met Rosemary, he woke up to his telephone ringing. He sleepily sat up in bed and answered the phone.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Hey, Jasper. It’s Rosemary.”

Jasper’s eyes lit up at the sound of her voice.

“How are you, Rosemary?”

“Not so good. Are you busy?”

“Not at all,” he replied. “I’m just waking up.”

“Okay. I need to talk to you,” she said, a bit distressed. Jasper was concerned.

“About what?” he asked. She replied, “Oh, it’s a long story.”

“Well, how about this. We can get breakfast, and you can tell me what’s wrong.”

“That sounds good. Let’s meet at the diner where we met.”

“Okay. I’ll leave right now,” said Jasper. She said, “Thank you, Jasper.”

She hung up, so Jasper got out of bed, got dressed in his formal steampunk suit, and left for the diner.

When he arrived, Rosemary was already there and waiting for him. He sat down across from her and said, “Good morning. It’s lovely to see you again.”

“You too,” she replied quickly. They both ordered cups of coffee, then Rosemary said, “Jasper, I’m in some deep trouble.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, instantly alarmed. She hesitated, then said, “I shouldn’t be telling you this. Please don’t tell anyone.”

“I promise I won’t,” he replied. “What’s the matter, Rosemary?”

“Jasper, my boyfriend is abusing me.”

Jasper asked, “Like, domestic violence?”

Rosemary nodded shyly, and Jasper gasped, “Oh, Rosemary.”

“I don’t know what to do, Jasper.”

“What is he doing, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Rosemary answered, “He’s beating me, threatening me, um…”

Rosemary didn’t want to finish the sentence, so Jasper quietly inquired, “Raping you?”

She nodded slightly. Jasper sighed heavily and leaned back in his chair.

“Rosemary, you need to get away from him,” he said kindly. She replied, “I know I do.”

Jasper thought for a moment, then said, “Why don’t you come live with me? I mean, I have plenty of room in me house, as you know.”

“Would you really do that?”

Jasper nodded and said, “I promise I’ll treat you well. I’ll be the best roommate you could have.”

Tears came to Rosemary’s eyes, and she got out of her seat, sat next to Jasper, and wrapped her arms around him. Jasper held her close as she quietly cried on his shoulder.

After their coffee, Jasper took Rosemary to his home. When they stepped into the house, Rosemary was in awe. Monstrous crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, and old paintings were strewn on the walls.

“How old is this house?” Rosemary asked in a hushed tone. Jasper replied, “Around four-hundred years old.”

Jasper gave Rosemary a tour around the house, and she could barely say a word. The house was truly breathtaking, and it had much recognition for being one of the most beautiful homes in all of Europe. By the end of the tour, Jasper told her, “It’s all yours. Make yourself at home, Rosemary.”

Rosemary hugged him and said, “Thank you so much, Jasper. You don’t know what you’re doing for me.”

“I must warn you, though,” he said with a smile. She asked, “About what?”

“This house is haunted by me great-great grandfather, whose name was also Jasper Watts. I’m named after him. He was a dashing man. He won’t hurt you, but he’s a noisy one. I hear things almost every night. Don’t be scared if you do hear things, though.”

Rosemary smiled and said, “Oh, I’m a big believer in ghosts.”

“Then you’re in for a treat. His favorite food was olives when he was alive, and I swear to God, any time I buy olives, they’re gone the next morning.”

Rosemary’s eyes widened, and she laughed.

“Oh wow! That’s so cool! We need to buy olives.”

Jasper replied with a smile, “Okay. We will.”




© 2015 Hazel Hyacinth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 10, 2015


Author

Hazel Hyacinth
Hazel Hyacinth

Charleston, SC



About
Hello there! If you are checking this out, I know already that we'd get along. I am fourteen years old, but don't let my age fool you. I write constantly, and you can ask anybody about that. While I w.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth