Forgotten Memories

Forgotten Memories

A Story by Grahm Thoman

Forgotten Memories

 

I never had many friends growing up. I was that kid whom felt like the opportunity of paper and pen spoke more to me than a thousand spoken words ever could. One day i found myself sitting along a dull grey rock, about a mile from my house in the middle of a dense wood. Watching a bird, which i now know of being a male blue jay, all of a sudden a young girl came crashing through and scared him away, flying higher than my immature eyes could comprehend.

 Of course i had been upset; she had scared away my drawing subject. So I decided i would approach, I immediately startled her with my oncoming drag of questions. My first question being why she had been running through the woods in the early morning, she simply nodded her head. No response but a single, simple, lousy nod.

 

I had been confused, why is she nodding her head to such a question? There had been no explanation... I stared blankly at her as I asked myself, what was this girl doing and why hadn’t she answered me. So I tried again “what are you doing in the woods this morning?” she didn’t respond this time either, only this time she started pointing at her ears. I though for a little, could she not hear me? Was my voice not working?

No, I could speak perfectly clear. She was deaf.

© 2013 Grahm Thoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013
Tags: forgotten, childhood, children, curiosity, deaf, memories, memory, short story