Irresistible

Irresistible

A Chapter by gnesgnay
"

The very beginning of Lilah's life. well, the beginning of the beginning. am i making sense?

"

PREFACE
It wasn't suppose to happen like this. I wasn't even suppose to be there.
I was suppose to be on an errand for my mother. But I ended up there instead.
I don't remember exactly what happened.
Or how I even got there.
All I remember is those golden eyes of his.
They stared at me so intently, like he saw right through me.....





The weatherman, or more appropriate, weatherwoman, estimated a high of 22 degrees today, with a chance of snow.

More snow more like it. Glancing out the window is like stepping into the closet and into the world of Narnia.

I sighed and grabbed school bag and jacket from behind the bedroom door.

"Where the heck is my hat?" I murmmered to myself. Just when I was about to give up, I saw it peeking from underneath my textbooks.

I quickly grabbed it and ran out of my bedroom, down the stairs, and out the door. 7:41.
My cell started ringing a Breaking Benjamin song. I knew it.

"Yes, Mom?" I tried to sound regular enough.
"Lilah, you didn't say goodbye to me." she accused.

"I was in a hurry, Mom. You know, school?"

"Yes, well, remember to come home right after school. You have to go run a couple of errands for me."
Aargh
"Sure, Mom."
"All right then, Lilah. Have a nice day at school."
"Yeah."
I put the phone back in my bag, which I decorated with skull buttons.

Ever since my dad died in the car crash, my mom has been more clingy then ever. It doesn't help that I'm the oldest of two. I know she misses him. But its been almost seven years. I keep hoping she'll get over it and move on. But my hopes have been shattered. Its impossible. For her at least.

I climbed into my red '69 Volkswagen Beatle. That is if you can still call it red. It's so old, the color has faded and looks almost brown. I backed out the driveway and looked at the overhead mirror.
Something caught my eyes. My reflection. My deep green eyes with the black specks rimmed with black eyeliner. My pale, almost white face. My deep auburn hair hanging in my face under my hat. I looked so...different from other girls. Sometimes, like now, I wish I wasn't so intent on being all emo and goth like. I mean, I know I'm not ugly. I'm actually quite striking, not to brag or anything. I'm on the slender side. But my black-clad clothes sometimes.....just seems too different.

Spokane High School came into view. I parked at my regular spot, next to the red pole. Students were still mingling outsside, which means I'm probably not late.Yet.
"Lilah!"
I swirled around and there was my Sam, clad in black, too. Immediately, my face broke into a grin. He was just so darn cute. He hugged me before giving me a lingering kiss on the lips.

"Hey there, Delilah Ranson," he grinned his toothy grin. His uber-dark red hair fell into his eyes, making him look even more irresistible.

"Hey there, Samuel Locke, " I grinned back.
"I missed you yesterday," he said of my disappearing act at his party.
"Sorry 'bout that. My mom, you know what she's like."

He smiled and hugged me once more.

He held my hand on the walk to class. You should've seen us! Just imagine two goth look-alikes walking down the hallways. Ha. That's probably how we look like, too. We split at the end of the hall, I turned right, while Sam kept on going. And now that I look back, that's exactly how our lives turned.

***

A/N:hEY!!! hope u enjoyed this 1st chapter. and look forward to the 2nd one!!!! Thanks for reading this!!!!



© 2008 gnesgnay


Author's Note

gnesgnay
THANKS FOR READING. PLEASE REVIEW.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


It was very cute. I like the relationship between her and Sam. And the clingy mother was a nice touch. =]

I found some parts were a little repetitive, but read over the chapter (or not, just a suggestion) and you'll catch them. Mostly just near the end. I had a really great mental picture of them walking down the hall together though. Kudos for you!

Some spelling errors, but an east fix would just be to copy and paste on word pad then click 'Spell Check'.
Good luck!


Going to chapter two.

Posted 16 Years Ago


At this rate I cant really give a proper feedback. I do like style of your writing and I look forward to the second chapter. There was couple of misspelling in the text nothing important but still. Good job and good luck with the rest of story.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2008
Last Updated on August 6, 2008


Author

gnesgnay
gnesgnay

forks..., WA



About
Hi! I am a Twilighter. Yay! go us! and I am Team Edward. Jacob Black sucks butt so BAD. KILL HIM. :] more..

Writing
Vision Vision

A Chapter by gnesgnay


Chose One Chose One

A Chapter by gnesgnay