Rampant destruction of self

Rampant destruction of self

A Story by darkabyss

The night was dark, a dreary fog upon the air as I walked the country side trying to enjoy a brisk walk before bed. Of late there have been stories of strange happings across the land. I gave no thought too them for surely they were rubbish.
But on the damn and foggy evening in October I found that I was wrong. As I walked across a lonely cobble stone bridge, the creek beneath trickled and popped as it ran over the rocks and pebbles.
I heard a rustling of to my right through the trees into the forest. I slide my cost to the side and drew my knife in an attempt to be brave. " Who's there?" I called into the darkness. " I have a knife and I'll use it!" I said with a tremble in my voice.
I stepped off the bridge and raised the knife to look like I knew what I was doing. As I took another step something emense growled at me, and behind that earth shaking roar came a figure cloaked and hooded.
It took methodical steps toward me and the ground as well as my resolve shook with every step. My hands quivered as i asked again " who's there's?" With a rasping hiss of a voice came the word " demise " and as the creature ventured closer I could smell the root of decaying flesh.
I dropped the knife is sheet terror as the 7 foot cloaked wolf like creature stalked closer. I tried to run but was entranced by its green yellow eyes.
Before i knew what was happening it was on me devouring my flesh and sticking suckling on soul. I woke the next morning in my house devoid of warmth and spirt. Not gone but no longer there all the same.

© 2017 darkabyss


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That last sentence! Summed up everything in a small package. The instincts of fear are beautifully portrayed!

Posted 7 Years Ago


darkabyss

7 Years Ago

Thank you I felt it as I wrote
Spooky nights, watch out for the evil that lurks! Nice job. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


darkabyss

7 Years Ago

Thank you I'm into the dark stuff
Love a good horror story, nicely done....enjoyed :) x

Posted 7 Years Ago


darkabyss

7 Years Ago

Thank you I have a really good one round hear somewhere I have to find it I bet you will love it abo.. read more
Enchanted-Raven

7 Years Ago

look forward to it :)
darkabyss

7 Years Ago

Good I enjoy having someone who can connect with my writing

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 29, 2017
Last Updated on May 29, 2017

Author

darkabyss
darkabyss

lake city, FL



About
The madness is no longer louder then the hysteria!!!! Kinda pleasant!!!!! more..

Writing