05-112015JP

05-112015JP

A Story by Gee Bee

I cried at the airplane on the flight back from Japan.
When you live off airplanes and travel becomes part of your life, you tend to take it for granted. 
But it's entirely different when you get to live your dream for a week. So when this opportunity to travel to your dream destination comes, you take it, no questions asked.
And it was the best five days I've had in a while: soaking up the culture, living like a local by commuting on trains, eating, conversing with people in broken Japanese, and just being able to experience Tokyo.
When was the last time you jumped head first into something new?
Was this love? 
I don't know.
All I knew was this was probably how it was when you'd meet an online or pen friend. You think you know many things about them, but it's totally different when you finally, actually get to meet them. There's a certain familiarity when I entered Tokyo, but it also felt so new.
And maybe because I have considered this country as a friend that I had a hard time leaving when I was only beginning to get to know it better. 
What I knew for sure was that I was going to come back to this great country again. It may take me a while, but I'll make sure to come back again.

© 2015 Gee Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on November 23, 2015
Last Updated on November 23, 2015

Author

Gee Bee
Gee Bee

Manila, Philippines



About
Lurking around, trying to find bits and pieces of me in the most common of places more..

Writing
04-04052015TW 04-04052015TW

A Story by Gee Bee