Criteria Rinsed In Blood

Criteria Rinsed In Blood

A Poem by G. Sanchez
"

This is a sort of poem I did about coming to terms with moving on from a past relationship. It is about finding yourself stronger after you've felt like you've lost it all.

"

I am the forever and eternity is a basket filled with swine. The motion of the Earth fills the time as I stand by without demise. We stare at the skies together without a care in the world but we both know this is incorrect. I find the definition of this curse a blessing we shall never discover in a void of blistering fire. Destroyed in the wilderness, I breathe air that's stale and stagnant but my lungs will not stop. You cannot deflate me for I am all that you knew and all that you will come to know.

Here we lie on the abyss of hell, the mountains themselves will never harbor the fugitive respect that live in the muck of our undying joys. I have lied for you, I have cheated for you, and I have done all and anything for you yet the only calling I receive are in letters in blood. Remember that I am your only and that I would never be another's tool in the scheme of this blasted device. We aren't as cattle led to the slaughter but rather a people with dumb ideas that will never amount to anything.

Just look away and never try to touch the former youth that was bared upon broken wings, as the desire to join forces will not amount to a hill of beans in this world of cynics. Enjoy the time before your failures catch up with you and all that you have known will be fragments of your false imagination. These are the times of change and I will stay constant in this array of bumbling low lives. I alone will be that one that stands true to the end and I will be here forever. Eternal is the frightening vision of the people that fear nothing and even death cannot keep me away.

© 2008 G. Sanchez


Author's Note

G. Sanchez
This piece of work was originally written on June 15th, 2007 for a myspace blog. Feel free to give me any pointers- likes and dislikes but please mind grammar and/or spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on April 5, 2008

Author

G. Sanchez
G. Sanchez

Victoria, TX



About
This man was born in the city of Victoria, Tx almost twenty-seven years ago. He is a rather nice fellow that enjoy the pain that life has to give and smiles because he has survived through it all so f.. more..