Coming in 1st Place

Coming in 1st Place

A Story by backspace

"I can't wait to go to the races tonight", said Jennie, then looked up towards the sky. "Friday night's ceiling resembles a major highway!" Jennie exclaimed. He didn't acknowledged her thought, and she was happy she looked up at the night sky when she spoke. "At least the sky cares about me, and the sky is bigger than you" Jennie mumbled under her breath. She lingered where she sat, then got up and made her way to the side of the house where the garden used to grow.  As she walked towards the dying landscape, she saw dead branches and wire in place of lush bushes and short stemmed flowers.  "I don't belong here anymore", she said.  
After walking around the yard for a few more moments her decision was made and inside she went.  Jennie made her way to the hallway closet which housed linens, toiletries and the occasional bottle of bug repellent... "No one cares about me here!" "I need to get out of this place!" "I'm going where I'm respected...and deserved!" Jennie yelled.  Jennie was now buzzing around her childhood home like it had caught fire and she needed to flee before anything else of hers was destroyed. She knew this moment would come, just didn't know when.  
 
"Today is the day I begin to love myself", she said. 

© 2015 backspace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Incredible ending. And how you positioned an event such as gambling, an abstract concept with the potential of breeding obsessive detachment from reality, was a powerful reference. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 12, 2015
Last Updated on June 16, 2015