Shadowed Flight

Shadowed Flight

A Poem by Frieda P
"

I cry blood tears in your memory...

"
I cry blood tears in your memory
smoke & mirrors couldn't cover up your pain
I live within the shadow of your spirit
with hopes of enlightened butterfly wings
that freedom was worth the flight
In these darkly hours I pray for light
a sign in vain that it was not all for naught
I press my head up against the windowpane
to catch a glimpse of a flutterby
and all I can feel is the agonizing reign,
took you from this unsightly existence
to plunge into the abyss of forever after


© 2013 Frieda P


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Frieda P
For my sister Lee ♥♥

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can't very well just leave a blank review, so I suppose I'll simply have to find a way to express in words the speechlessness I feel. I don't want to add or take away from anything there. The lines come to a close, and I sit for a few moments, the noise around me suddenly much quieter. And then I read it again. And I am silent again. It's like a cycle of contemplation, this poem. Most of all, it is immensely heartfelt and soulful....

( ps---my heart did a fist-pump when i read the word flutterby. that's what they do, after all! )

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

What a truly lovely response Siren, muchly appreciated, and that fist-pump must have smarted! :-)
Siren

11 Years Ago

only in the most excited of ways (: reading your work is a pleasure.



Reviews

The true forever after. I very expressive piece. Thank you for your vulnerability. Beautiful and elegant as always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Grazie mille Pryde...
"I live withing the shadow of your spirit
with hopes of enlightened butterfly wings
that freedom was worth the flight
In these darkly hours I pray for light.."

These lines speak volumes - feelings I know all to well having lost a sibling. The pain as Kelly said is immeasurable. May you find serenity in her memory and in the poetry you dedicate to her.

:) Julie

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sorry you share this pain too Julie, thanks so much for your kind thoughts.
Losing a sibling is immeasurable. I lost my sister to the complications of asthma, and there isn't a day that goes by that I do not think of her.

Writing poetry about her helps me to continue loving her. It's like a virtual garden that I tend to and nurture every day. That's where all the love goes...that's where I can speak to her and know that she hears me.

May your garden for Lee continue to be ever plentiful, ever beautiful!

My best,
Kelly









Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sorry to hear that Kelly, yes I know, not a day, I don't know who said, time heals...it doesn't.
I just can not imagine how you must feel. Hope you know you have friends...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

It helps Ron, thanks so much...
Sigh..I hope you find the answer to your questions one day. Or at least the strength to find some kind of peace or acceptance. I cant say I know how you feel because I haven't been through it. But you know your pain is felt deeply by me...xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I doubt that'll ever happen Red, thanks for your kind thoughts, always a great support my dear frien.. read more
I can't imagine the torment you endure, Frieda. Your tributes to your sister are always so heartfelt and touching - this is no exception. A soulful, sorrowful write, I feel your anquish and wish there were a way to ease your burden, my friend.
Hugs to you

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your gracious thoughts Sirrah, much appreciated.
"I live within the shadow of your spirit

with hopes of enlightened butterfly wings

that freedom was worth the flight

In these darkly hours I pray for light"

Let her memory live in hearts and minds and let her flight be worth the freedom forever after...A sad read and write...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Such sweet words Sami, grazie mille my friend. x
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
What a heartfelt sad poem, written from the core of your soul no doubt. I think I understand "bleck" now. Sorry my friend. I am sending a virtual hug, catch it when you can.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Yeah, bleck x's a million, thanks Dye.....
This was such a hauntingly despairing write dear Frieda... That freedom was worth the flight... This is all we can wish for someone who departed by thier own hand, that they found peace in the after? I am so so sad for you as I read this. The poem you just read of mine, was also penned for my sister. For sisters, there will always be eternal unconditional love. I hope your sister is the butterfly on your shoulder now, and that someday you will be reunited in a happier time and place. And that you can find solace in some space until then... Tears for you, my friend...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Horizon, your words touched my heart...and where did you go, you are missed here....
You will both be together again one day...I am sure...as thats what I told my father on his death bed...
You keep Lee's memory alive Frieda dear...hugs


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Rose, I'm trying, muchly appreciate the support.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1147 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: death, butterfly, suicide, memories, shadowed, pain

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil