The Space Between the Rain

The Space Between the Rain

A Poem by Frieda P

The space between us, speaks loudly
            crushing out 
                    the center of our world
   our corrupt lies retract reparations,
          in contempt of love
I run from you as I run towards you,
    words confuse the deceptive
                                    games we play 
         less pain in the gray facade
  sad rain falls in torrents
     we fall between the tears
            yet the fires still scorches
is there a wrong & right
                    ... Or just what's left

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You make me think...
Can we dodge the consequences of our actions? Can we walk into a storm and not be drenched?
Yes, there is space between the raindrops... But we cannot live protected in this space.
Still, we seem to find this magical place as we give our hearts to follow the path of love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Hey that's a good thing, no Scott? We try though, don't we, thanks muchly my friend.



Reviews

A bitter-sweet and heartfelt write. Love can be heaven and love can be hell...a double-edged sword indeed. Some really good imagery in this poem. A good read. ~ Robert.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for visiting my page Robert, and the luverly review.
love hurts when its not reciprocated...nicely penned Frieda as always...Enjoyed...Rose

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Rose, jazzed you did....
The space between two people, not physically but metaphorically fascinates me, as we do try to fill and define this space. And when it is clouded, when words spoken are vague or layered or can be alternately interpreted... or games... how does this change this space, fills it with rain and fears. Can the space be cleared... And how... Does love need to be defined so that it is not lost? I love this piece Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

...and I love your insightful review Horizon, thanks so much.
we fall between the tears
yet the fires still scorches
is there a wrong & right

... Or just what's left

The ending...takes this one...I see you had a bit of inspiration with the music and the title...plus the picture with this one...that line got me the most in this one...the rest completes this also...thanks for the invite...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You need to expand your horizons....get a new rhythm once in a while. :-)
Glen Yumang Manese

11 Years Ago

Miami is a good one...I like the boredom...keeps me in check...hehehe...I guess its different from o.. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

No it doesn't....I don't have a sense of humor. ;-)
Frieda, like a hot cup of coffee in the morning, your words comfort me and open my eyes, preparing me for the day ahead. Soft and delicious is how this feels, love, in between the raindrops, right or wrong, who cares? When it is felt, it doesn't matter if it is raining, snowing or the world is ending, all you know is you want to be in their arms...and nothing else matters. It is hard to fight these feelings, fear touches your heart, memories of rains past flood your soul, do you walk out without an unbrella or do you remain inside where it is safe and warm? The heart speaks in funny languages, do we heed the warnings or throw caution to the wind...or the rain? Very nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Haha, I need to slow down on the coffee, I was saying Thanks Jack, 'nothing else matters' now you've.. read more
Beautiful, Frieda! I just love it. I run from you as I run towards you," So true and so beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks muchly Mehak, glad you enjoyed.
Mehak Mushtaq

11 Years Ago

:) anytime.
So touching, :) love the thought flowing in this piece. Very honest and captivating. Love it Frie Always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Grazie mille Marc, nice to see you again.... :-)

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

885 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~Period. ~Period.

A Poem by Frieda P