A Poet's Perceptions

A Poet's Perceptions

A Poem by Frieda P

How do you perceive me?
           Do you see heart and soul
or merely
 a persona presented
     I bleed, I breathe, I love, I've lost
 What do you read,
 when you read me?
A little girl lost,
 a mother of three sons
a woman with desires
 and ambitions

Do you see the mad poet,
 perhaps only the smiles 
or can you dig deep
 down and sense
there's that person within us all

Do you see me in yourself, 

as I see YOU?

We all have pain,
 we have secrets, we have views
we escape our reality
 for a short while
and share our destiny,
 hopes and dreams...
read between the lines
let us overflow

 There's hope for us all
for a poet's heart never wanes 
even in the quietest times of all
ready to leap without caution
dive off a cliff, 
soar with pen in hand
 to trace
all the colors of a poet
...the shades of life

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you have expressed the poet heart beautifully here, frieda. and you have shown the reader a part of your inner being and challenged them to find you within themselves, clever moves which demonstrate a sharp mind and at the same time a deep and loving soul. i feel there is a little of each of us within each other if we only learn how to reach it. this is a glorious piece of personality, painted into a loving and soulful poem. very nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Exactly quin, that was what I was trying to say...you made it more simply understood. I think we al.. read more



Reviews

Wonderfully done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Relics, glad you enjoyed it.
A wonderful piece, love!
The reality is we all perceive with jaded eyes. Our life experiences shaping them. Yet, a poet.... we are a different breed. For we open up to life, sinking our teeth in it until the blood runs dry.
I love that you ask how does the reader perceive YOU. That my friend is easy in the most complex ways one can be perceived. You are a sensitve soul, with a strong mind and a compassionate heart. You are one who lets laughter come freely, in times when others would be more compelled to shrink away and cry. You take pride in being a mother, the most gut wrenching, heart grinding job in the world. You see what is and what can be. Reality does not escape you but dreams take flight and you can soar to unlimited heights. You are a treasure to many.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I guess I did, I just wasn't expecting anyone to actually answer me! ha....but the therapy was nice,.. read more
Priscilla Sayers

11 Years Ago

Mine was too! So.. I am my own therapist! Works out great.haha.
I actually felt like a palm re.. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Palm reader? So, you're a gypsy at heart, I knew I liked you! ;-)
In the brief time I have had the privilege of knowing you on here, you impress me as a very sensitive and caring poet, that has many dimensions to your "self". You know them much better than I do, so I won't be presumtive to tell you what I think they are, other than I am honored and privileged that you feel you can tell me how crazed I am, and smile while you do it, and I can smile while you do it. Now THAT takes some real skill ! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha that made me laugh, I guess I went against the rules with that one eh? Thanks so much for your k.. read more
KurKota

11 Years Ago

yup!.....and that I think of as a good thing, my friend!
This is magnificent. I see a talented poet, someone who is in touch with life, love and the emotions that follow ambition. I see a person who hides behind sarcasm, but has a heart as big as can be. Someone who loves and needs love, wants love and desires it immensely, but holds back for fear of getting hurt. I see a great friend, someone who will be there when you need her. I see imagination uncompared, I see you Frieda and I am thankful that I do.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sarcasm? You must have me mixed up with someone else. Seriously, you're too kind Jack, I'm humbled .. read more
Jack...

11 Years Ago

I meant every word of it Frieda...
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CS
I see you as a poet. Whatever you are besides that is your own business, I think. We all have reasons for what makes us write and why we write what we write and what life experiences have inspired us, but really, when it comes down to it, it is only poetry. Your motivations are your own and not for me to unravel. I just like to read poetry and write poetry. That is why I am here. I like to read your poetry :)

My two cents, from one poet to another.

I love this write, Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Courtney, I really wasn't expecting anyone to actually answer that question, it was rhetorica.. read more
The write was good. Many poets will relate to this statement individualism within the expression of universal perceptions.
Yes, you are seen as who you are as well as who you are not. Like IRL, we are seen as better, worse, and with realistic fairness too. The vision is always filtered throughbthe mind and experience of the observer. Too be known is too be willing to be transparent, and willing to be a patient teacher as well.
Your wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks David, I love your review, very insightful...yes filtered, but I still think we get a feel fo.. read more
Perhaps

Posted 11 Years Ago


Poetry lights the dark places, gives us a voice connects us to others and it's really our deepest parts exposed . Lovely write written from the heart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Moon, I think so too, couldn't agree more.
When I read your work, I see all the different friedas that all add up to one unique individual. I see someone who is not afraid to share her emotions, but she is also playful and silly. I see someone strong, someone who has been through a lot but never let it get her down. A character, a crazy outspoken person who always speaks her mind, never censoring her true thoughts. Lastly, I see a mother whose children mean the world to her, almost as much as her pen and paper ;) (seeing how read request you send out a day). Your work never fails to capture and reflect who you are as a person. Great write!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

Nada amiga even I'm not that crazy!! I think I will stick to my wimpy Chili peppers and leave those .. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Seriously, have you ever seen that old guy on youtube, he looks like he's gonna die....
C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

Never have I ever! Might go check that out :)
I would dive off a cliff (with you, anytime)...
That is the beauty of Poetry, Literature, reading and writing connects us..in ways unimaginable, I see your soul. It's hard to explain, unless you can truly allow yourself to be free, to open the window of your mind and see the beauty of it all...to see the "colors" of (((you))). Wonderful write...well penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Awh, we'd be great at cliff diving together! I do think we get a special glimpse of people through .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

664 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..