Management Consultants London: Working for Behemoths vs. Boutique

Management Consultants London: Working for Behemoths vs. Boutique

A Story by RecruitmentAgencies
"

Recruitment agencies London will have worked with professionals who have adopted different combinations of career progression and will be in a position to advise management consultants London of their

"

You have submitted your CV to Recruitment Agencies London and hoping that your search will result in employment with an ideal fit. Management Consultants London can expect an exciting career with personal growth and financial reward. However, an important decision to make is whether you will pursue this with an established industry behemoth or a boutique consultancy, which may provide you with wider learning opportunities.


There is no correct answer for this question, as different individuals will thrive in different environments. Similarly, you cannot draw a direct parallel between any two organizations as each firm’s culture and operations differ. What would you define as a big or small company? There are numerous companies along the gradient from behemoths to boutiques. Recruitment agencies London are in a position to advise you on the benefits offered by different companies.


To work as management consultants London you have certain considerations to evaluate the pros and cons of any opportunity. Only you can decide the importance you allocate to each factor.


  1. Financial remuneration and benefits

For management consultants London starting out on their careers, smaller firms may offer better compensation and speedier career progression in comparison to larger organizations. One reason for this is that big companies have the advantage of being able to attract and choose from a large pool of potential candidates due to their brand name. Due to this, many consultants may be willing to work for a lower pay as working for an established brand also strengthens their CV. On the other hand, smaller firms may often offer better financial remuneration in order to attract and retain top talent.


  1. Career growth opportunities

If you take two candidates with similar capabilities and background, you will find that their career progression will occur at different paces in large companies in comparison to boutique firms.


Bigger companies usually have an established promotion structure within the organization, which determine the path an employee takes. They have outlined guidelines so that you know the specific parameters by which you will be evaluated. In addition to this, they will also have networking events and trainings which can strengthen your skills and build new relationships.


Smaller firms have far greater flexibility on this front as they can choose to promote exceptional individuals based on their performance, which can be directly attributed to them. Furthermore, at a boutique firm, you can capitalize on a wider range of roles where you will get the opportunity to work in diverse projects.


  1. Work-life balance and flexibility

Work-life balance is a key consideration for management consultants London depending on what stage they are in their personal and professional lives as well as their ambitions.


Although no single company can claim to hold greater advantage over the other, a company’s culture can dictate the experience of an employee. There will be instances in both large and small companies wherein employees have to go the extra mile to deliver on a project. Boutique firms may allow more independence on making your work-life decisions, while larger organizations may provide more opportunities for you to take time off.


Recruitment agencies London will have worked with professionals who have adopted different combinations of career progression and will be in a position to advise management consultants London of their options.  

© 2017 RecruitmentAgencies


Author's Note

RecruitmentAgencies

Author

RecruitmentAgencies
RecruitmentAgencies

About
The author is a educational and job consultant in recruiting agencies in London. more..

Writing