Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessica

 "Eve" a voice said. I was immobile,for now. "Eve!" the sounds became a more high pitched,aching vibration. The voice became a low murmur. I groaned. My eyes felt tired and puffy. My face felt extremely achy,bruised. I looked up. Where am I? holy crap, how long was I asleep?.  "Your in the coffee shop" Anya said.  "You have got to wake up" she said. I nodded warily, "Damn, you look exhausted" Anya said. I yawned ,covering it with my hand. I've known her ever since freshmen year in high school. We're pretty close. I stared into Anya's hazel eyes. She had brown hair mixed with blonde highlights. "You have to leave him" Anya said.  Everything came back to me, last night, the hitting, the screaming, the agony as he punched my face hard. I sighed sadly and with pain, I hurt everywhere. "I know but he keeps on coming back to me" I replied.  I touched my swollen face. Marks were on me from sleeping on the black, iron- holed table. Ryan has been very abusive for the past year. He's been my "boyfriend" since the middle of the summer last year. Anya took a sip of her Mocha Latte. The air was chilly, sending shivers down my spine. She was twirling her hair in the shape of her slim finger. I haven't had much sleep since two o' clock this morning. Next to me was my drink ,which was a green tea. The steam was still rising from the brown and tan cup. I pressed my hand on my head, lightly though. " I really don't know what to do anymore" I said.  Anya put her cup quickly on the table. Her eyes were saddened. " He can do far worse things to you" she said.  I moved my through my black hair, it was still soft. I wiped the tears that were starting to fall out of my brown eyes. Snow was startingto fall again, this time at a faster pace. Anya's phone started vibrating, the table started shaking. She picked it up with irritation. "Yes"? Anya said calmly.  Low audible voices were pulsing out of the gray speakers. " Okay, i'll be right there" she said blandly. Anya closed the phone. " i'm so sorry, I have to go" she said sadly. Anya was wearing a burgundy scarf with a light red turtleneck, and blue jeans. She gave me a quick squeeze. "Be careful" Anya whispered in my ear. I nodded. My heart started beating fast. It was the feeling of when a friend really cares about you. I got up, my body was painful. Anya was already gone. i got my tea, and started walking. The snow was leaving a white sheet on the ground. The sidewalk was shining. I looked up at the sky, it was gray an dull. More cold air was hitting me. I wrapped my arms around my elbows. The chestnut colored turtleneck was feeling like a thin layer of strings. My navy blue jeans were giving me warmth. I looked at the city's clock, it was nine a.m. I groaned childishly. In the small town of Westcreek,Oregon, this was close to a town as it can get. Salem was about an hour away. The town's population is around eleven thousand. As I came to the nearest apartment housings, my heart started to beat against my ribs. I got to my apartmet, number 487. My hands started to sweat.  Please do not be here, I thought. I got my silver key out of my back pocket. I took deep breaths. I put the key inside the lock. It made a Click sound. I opened the black door with reluctance. Something hit me from the front, it knocked me to the ground. I gasped in pain. My face hurt so bad, it felt like it was going to peel off. It was probably black and blue by now. I looked up, frightened, Ryan was standing in front of me with vicious eyes.



© 2009 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

An attack! A great way to start us off, interested to see where it goes.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 18, 2009
Last Updated on March 18, 2009


Author

Jessica
Jessica

About
I play the cello. I like to write and cook. :) peace and love. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Book by Jessica