Drugs

Drugs

A Poem by Kathryn Desautels
"

Drugs are the thing that juveniles cling to in desperation of finding a better tomorrow but finding a deep dark shelter emerge in there soul instead.

"
Drugs are the thing that juveniles cling to in desperation of finding a better tomorrow but finding a deep dark shelter emerge in there soul instead. They go inside your body and pretend to be that light that you are dangerously searching for at the end of that darkened tunnel nevertheless they are just dragging you by the throat deeper and deeper into obscurity.

Teenagers these days with all those drugs and profanities, my old preacher would say to me, need to go to church. Little did he know that probably 4 out of the 6 teenagers currently in the church that day wouldn’t have been there without their bong rips before the service. Our parents dress us up to go to a building where we are made to feel like the only place we can find love and acceptance is a dingy basement where middle aged people are doing lines and are encouraging us to just have ‘one more popper’.  

The high is where you soar through the affections and the eagle you are becomes dragon for a short period of existence.  You breathe fire into the night sky that you call your palace. Everything that was greyer than black turns into a color that has no words to describe. A mix of lust and love, apathy and numbness. You won’t feel the emotions once you sober up they say, well I say that no matter what you do to slay the monsters once you turn your back they grow two more heads. If those two heads say you aren’t good enough or that you deserve whatever your going through is your fault, believe them. 'Cause its true.

© 2015 Kathryn Desautels


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on November 3, 2015
Last Updated on November 3, 2015

Author

Kathryn Desautels
Kathryn Desautels

Canada



About
I am a 20 year old from a small town in Saskatchewan. I love writing poetry but this is my first time sharing it with anyone. Please enjoy and leave feedback! more..

Writing