11. Carolina

11. Carolina

A Chapter by Sarah
"

Song by Brighten. Ivy tries to make up for what she did and help Drew out of his Kate slump.

"
I was angry that Kate would move on so quickly, I teased my brother because I thought I saw love in their eyes. When I walked into the house I saw my mother and father looking confused.

“He went to Kate’s and it wasn’t so good.” My mother went to go call her but I stopped her.

“This is their battle let it run its course.” She put down the phone and when I went upstairs I heard the shower running. I went into my room and signed on facebook. I had to know what happened. To my luck Kate was on. I went into a private chat with her.

Ivy: What the hell I thought you had a thing for my brother?

Kate: Key word in that had. He tried to kill him self.

Ivy: So the next day you’re in another guy’s arms?

Kate: What are you talking about?

Ivy: Drew ran the whole way to your house got turned down by your father and then went to your window and saw you with Derek.

Kate: What the hell is your brother doing stalking me?

Ivy: He wanted to make it right with you; the guy is practically in love with you.

Kate: He had his chance, I gave him every opportunity he didn’t pick up on it.

Ivy: Did you think that when he told you about being a guy that he didn’t pick up on guy tendencies, they are usually dense to advances?

Kate: He seemed to have no problem when he came in my room and kissed me goodbye. I thought maybe finally he realized then next thing I know he’s off to kill him self. I can’t deal with that.

Ivy: So you don’t kill the guys hopes.

Kate: Its not like we were going to get married! I still like him but I can’t wait around for him to find him self.  She signed off and I knew Drew had screwed up big time. I heard the shower was off and walked into his room he was just laying on his bed.

“Forget about her.” He jumped up almost startled.

“What are you talking about?” I didn’t know if this was the right thing but I had to fix him, its what Declan would of done if he was awake.

“You heard me, screw her if she didn’t want to stick around. When you transition and you have all the ladies on your arm she will be the one missing you. There are so many other girls out there that would love to be with you. You are smart, funny and caring. She is an idiot for letting you go.” He looked at me like I was crazy.

“I’m under house arrest practically.” I smiled.

“So? You go back to school soon, it’s like a fresh start you can be what ever you want to be.” He brightened at that prospect.

“I guess.” I dragged him out of the house and threw him the keys to Declan’s car. I know his arm is still tender but he could drive.

“Where are we going? Mom is going to kill us.”

“Be a man. Were going to the mall, you need a hair cut.” He touched his spiky hair. I knew Kate did it for him but if he wanted to get over her then he would have to shed the old stuff.

“I have one.”

“Trust me you will thank me. Plus house arrest or a bit of freedom?” He smiled and got into the car. He tore out of the driveway and our mother came out of the house yelling at us. Oh man was I going to be in trouble. He sat there smirking.

“What are you smirking about?” He turned to me.

“Did you see the look on moms face. Ah pure genius.” I laughed at his facial expression, he looked happy. I directed him to my salon and that is when his demeanor changed.

“I don’t know about this Ivy.” I got out and practically dragged him into the salon.

“Ivy how are you?” I went to go hug Sally my hairdresser and then she noticed Drew.

“Who is this strapping lad with you?” Drew looked around to see if someone else entered. Man did he have insecurities.

“This is my brother, Drew.”

“Girl, the only brother you had was Declan.” I saw Drew’s head snap around and look at Sally.

“Well not exactly. Hello Sally.” My brother flashed a bit of his old voice, I never noticed the change in it, and he would have a deep voice like our father one day.

“Jan?” My brother looked sheepish.

“Now Sally I told you the conditions right?” She got an evil look on her face and my brother looked scared. It was time he got a look that made him feel good and look like a man. I sat down at the nail station and Tina fixed up my nails. Once my nails were dry I walked back and instantly I was kicked out.

“He said not to let you see until we were finished.” I smiled at least he was making an attempt and who knew maybe one day Kate and him would make up. I sat back down in the chair and I heard a deep cough. I looked up and I was stunned, there were blondish highlights in his hair. It was a medium length and went everywhere but the messy style suited him. He radiated confidence.

“This wasn’t what I was thinking but dang Drew, you will have them falling over you.” I went over and gave Sally the money before I linked arms with my brother and when he was about to get into the car I stopped him.

“Go take it for a test drive.” He looked at me for a moment then threw me the keys and quickly crossed the street. I saw him walk by the diner but up ahead I saw Kate. I ran to catch up with him. I would be there for my brother.



© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah