Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Sarah

It has been two years since I killed my father. What I did, what I had to do still haunts me. But the girl in my arms has helped me through it all. I smiled down at Gin as we sat in the orchard behind the house.

“What are you thinking Ethan?” I kissed the top of her head.

“Oh how soon you are going to be Mrs. Ginevera Young.” I could feel the rise and fall of her chest as she laughed.

“I know to think I only had to twist your arm for year months to re-propose.” I started to laugh.

“Hey I wanted us both to be ready. I didn't want to be a haunted man when I married you.” She looked up at me.

“I'm glad your getting better.” I smiled and leaned down for a kiss.

“Nothing a kiss wont cure.” Her soft lips molded with mine, I knew this was home that I was done fighting. I knew that fates twisted ways were finally done with me. I proved what I had to prove and in the end it was just me and her.

“Hey Ethan.” Oh yeah and my sister..

“Hey Caden, Hows college?” She sat next to Gin and I.

“Its nice, I found a date for your wedding.” I looked to my sister.

“Oh yeah who? You know I have to approve of all your dates.” She smirked.

“Well I don't think so and think back to before we moved here.” I turned and saw Brandon. I guess sometimes fate has good things for people to. I held my hand out to the man.

“Welcome to the family.” He looked at me odd but accepted the statement. He didn't realize that once my sister fell in love with him all those years ago he would never rid of her. She had that way with men, I was one of them. I mean she is my sister and I still love her after 21 years then hell it must be love. I felt Gin shift and sit up still leaning on me. She whispered in my ear.

“Did you ever think you'd get here?” I nuzzled her neck kissing every inch.

“No but you helped me through when my foot steps faltered. You kept me from falling.” I kissed her temple and directed my attention back to the couple next to me. It was good not having to fight to live. It was good having the family near. I looked to the house and saw Gin's parents along with Angelina and Natalie just sitting on the porch. I stood and walked towards the house. I scooped up Natalie.

“Ahh Ethan put me down!” I smiled at the child’s laughter as I ran around with her.

“Why Natalie you looked bored. Now your telling me you don't want any fun? Man and I thought you were Stone's kid.” She began to run after me.

“I am Stone's kid.” I smiled as she puffed out her chest and tried to look all important.

“That you are baby. You are way better looking. Your daddy was very funny looking.” I surveyed the girl.

“Although you are quite short. I guess you are just like your dad.” She stuck her tongue out at me and held on to my leg. I stood towering over her at 6'7''. I picked her up and brought her over my shoulder to Gin and Caden.

“Look who I found! It's a woolly mammoth.” I heard Natalie’s pleas that she was cute among her laughter as I tickled her sides.

“Yes little one you are cute.” I let her go and she went running back to Angelina who was laughing on the porch.

“Man Bro, you sure are a good father.” I looked to Caden.

“Sis, I have a while before that happens.” She had a smirk on her face and she got up and took Brandon’s hand. I pulled Gin back into my lap.

“I mean we need a lot more practice before we are parents.” I suggested to Gin she all but laughed.

“Your practice has took a different turn.” I looked into her with a questioning look on my face.

“What do you mean?” She smiled and placed my hand on her abdomen.

“I'm pregnant.” A grin broke out on my face.

“No” She shook her head. I stood and spun her around in my arms before I showered her face in kisses.

“I love you so much Gin.” She smiled and kissed me softly.

“I know. I love you too Ethan.” I had a smirk on my face as I led her into the house for some more practice.



© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah