Chapter 21: Waiting for the tide

Chapter 21: Waiting for the tide

A Chapter by Sarah

 

She was gagged on the bed. In her nightclothes. I ran to her and pulled the offending material away from her lips. She breathed a big breath of fresh air. I picked her up and sat her in my lap. I pushed her hair away from her face so she could see mine.

“Who did this to you?” Tears had been coursing down her face, how long she had been like this I do not know. I wiped the salt tracks away with my thumb.

“Tom.” I held her close.

“He wasn't Tom, it was Amos.” She looked into my now green eyes that showed concern, worry and regret.

“But.” I shook my head.

“I fought him twice. It's him, you got to get out. My father is on his way to kill me, I can't have you here when that happens. I refuse to risk your life anymore.” I untied the rope that bound her hands and placed her gently on the bed. I ran into the closet and began stuffing a bunch of her things into my duffel bag. I handed her the bag and looked deep into her eyes.

“I'm sorry. Sorry that I left, sorry that when I came back I couldn't look you in the eye. Part of me wanted you to move on so you wouldn't die. My brother died, I was with him. That’s why I look like I do now, every night I have to relive him dying. That’s why I have the scar on my face and arm. I couldn't have you hurt, when I refuse to die.” I broke my barriers and reached out to touch her face. Her eye lids fluttered closed when my warm hand met her cheek.

“When you open your eyes, I will be gone. I want you to leave, don't look back and stay safe. But know this, I still love you.” I leaned in and kissed her softly but it grew in amounting passion, a tap on my shoulder signaled my leave. I disentangled my hand from her hair and with a swift motion I went into the closet and hung out on a shelve that was hidden in the ceiling. She walked in looking for me and walked out, she was by the broken door.

“I love you too, Ethan.” I heard her soft footsteps glide down the stairs and I fell from my position. I smiled to my self, if I died at least she knew I loved her. I heard the car drive off and knew that all I had to do now, was wait. Wait for the oncoming tide, the storm that could sweep me away. Yet the thing that will tell me if I was to become my father. A destroyer of the things he loved. Because when hatred was a curved blade, you never walked away unscathed.


Gin Pov:

As my mother ushered me into the car, I hadn't known where Ethan went. As my dad went out of the driveway, I turned and took a last look at the house. My lips still tingled from our maybe last kiss. I should of known I was dating the monster who I had ran from. Ran from to Ethan. I wiped a tear away, he still loved me and I loved him. He had to be safe. His sister looked distant, out the window. The moonlight illuminated here pale face. I heard her sigh.

“Why does he risk him self, he should of just ran with us.” I reached out for her hand.

“Caden you know he wouldn't run any more. I just wish he had help.” I saw a smile ghost her lips.

“He does, he always does. Stone, Mom their both with him. And always will be. Both died protecting him and they will continue that throughout. Stone was a Young through and through. He was nothing like the others. The twins, Chris and Daniel, were trouble they had the power streak run through them and Tim he is a Power through and through. Powers only destroy things they love.” She looked to me and I saw her blue eyes clear and bright like they were alight with a flame staring at my face.

“Ethan has the Power of a Power but he has the heart of a Young. That is what separates him from the rest in our family. They were always one side or the other for generations, those who married a Power had the heart of a lion. In other words could take the abuse. Not once has the families seen one like Ethan. Strength and cunning like a Power yet care and bravery of a Young. I know he can stop father and he will do it, to his dying breath.” I looked down.

“That's what scares me the most. What happens if that kiss we shared was the last. Being with out him made me realize how good I have it with him. How much I love him.” She chuckled.

“Took you long enough.” I glared at her.

“And by the way, my brother loves you. It took me a minute before I could signal to him that it was our departure.” I felt my cheeks heat up. I just stared out the window.

“Where are we going dad?” His eyes were trained on the road, I could see his hair had begun to thin and that he was looking a bit worn.

“Anywhere far from here.” I laid my head against the window, seeking the cool comfort. Hoping that miles away, my lover would stay safe.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah