Chapter 17: Alone

Chapter 17: Alone

A Chapter by Sarah

 

Once I had hit Sacramento I had driven for over eight hours and it was two in the morning. I had long calmed down and was now just disappointed that I left. I has stopped along the ocean and sat in my car. I pulled out my wallet and there was us on our first date, I wanted to rip the picture and get rid of any reminder of her but I couldn't. I looked down at the picture her eyes were alight and we were both happy. Who knew a year and three months later we would be apart. I checked my phone and saw that it was officially three months since I proposed. I dialed her number but no one answered. So I left a message.

“I love you Gin, I never kissed her. By the way happy three month.” I sighed and hung up the phone. There were no bars open so I couldn't sneak in for a drink. I looked out at the ocean and thought that she should be sitting here next to me. I feel asleep but I never should of.

 

Gin Pov:

Part of me knew I over reacted but, he didn't fight he just left. I noticed my phone light go off. He was calling, I should of picked up but I couldn't talk to him. Not now. I let it go to voice mail but the nagging voice in my head told me to listen to it. When I did though it made me feel worse. I had broken him and he still could say he loved me. I stared out the window knowing that I wouldn't fall asleep tonight.

 

Ethan Pov:

After two nightmares I finally gave up, it was nearing five o'clock in the morning and I could make it to Venice by noon if I left now. So I pulled out of the drive and took off on the 405 till I hit Los Angeles. The sun was shining but what I wanted was on the beach, if I was going to stay here I needed a fake ID. I walked the strip and saw vendors selling illegal marijuana. One came up to me.

“I hear your in need of a fake ID?” I nodded. He couldn't see my eyes behind the shades I wore.

“Come with me.” I followed him into a shop and into a back room. I stood in front of a blue sheet and he took the picture.

“How old do you want to be?” He looked into my glassy blue-green eyes.

“Twenty-one.” He nodded before he gave me the fake ID with the name, Samuel Johnson. I nodded and handed him twenty bucks before I turned to leave.

“You never saw me here.” He nodded feverishly before I walked back down the board walk to the nearest bar to test out the license. I sat at the bar.

“Aren't you a little young?” The bartender asked.

“Nah, I'll have a scotch.” He eyed me and my license before he handed over the shot. It burned going down but it did numb the pain. I left the five on the table and walked back into the sun of the day to the work out area. People who work in the dead sun were nothing more then guys with security issues but those who worked out inside the building were the real deal. I walked in and sweat was evident in the air. I went over to the lifts and began working out, I had been training for months to strengthen my self. Once I finished working out I felt my phone vibrate on my hip. It was Caden.

“Hey Sprite whats up?”

“I just wanted to make sure you were ok.” I smiled, she would.

“I made it to L.A.” I heard her sigh.

“Things aren't good back here Ethan. Come back for her.” I wouldn't I knew I had to fight.

“I can't, either way I would of left. I promised my self that I would kill him before my wedding.”

“She is a mess.” I heard her plea.

“I don't care, she did this to her self. She should of trusted me.” I hung up the phone, not wanting to talk more. I went to my car and once I thought of what Caden said I slammed my fists on the steering wheel.

“Damn it.” I said, did I go back to her after she hurt me and let my pride falter? Or just continue on... I pulled out of the drive and drove to Lakewood, there I stepped out in front of a small white stucco house. I walked up the paved path, the lawn was dead as the summer heat. I knocked on the heavy wooden door. My red headed brother Stone answered the door.

“Ethan?!” I smiled at him.

“Long time no see brother.” He was the last to leave when I was twelve, it was right after Father started the beatings, he tried to get me out but I stayed for Caden.

“When dad came out here, with this boy. I thought you were dead.” He said.

“Amos.. Can I come in? I can't have dad knowing I’m here.” He let me in and we went into the small kitchen.

“Why are you here?” I sat down and he handed me a water.

“To kill him.” I said flatly. He sat down stunned.

“But you will go to jail.” I sighed.

“I know, but mom is dead. He killed her. There's a lot to be known.” He pulled out his cell phone and called Angelina.

“Care to tell me when the wife gets here?” I shook my head. Twenty minutes later a very pregnant Angelina came in a little agitated.

“What did I have to rush home for Stone?” I made my self known.

“Hello Angie.” Her head whipped around to me.

“Ethan.” I got up and gave her a hug.

“Your alive! We got to tell everyone, your father would be so happy.” She pulled out her cell phone. I snatched from her grasp.

“He can't know I'm here, he will kill me.” She sat down.

“Don't be silly Ethan.” I shook my head then directed my stare to my brother.

“The stories of the strong, are true. Father beat me and now he is gonna kill me. It has to end with me.” Stone sat back shocked.

“But that means you become the strong of us.” I nodded. Ashamed at what I was to become and how long I have ignored it.

“The possibility is the greatest with me.”

“What are you two boys talking about?” I looked to Angelina.

“It was said to be a wise tale, passed down through our family.” I stated.

“And one man every generation, who hits their kid out of hate will turn into the strong. He won't stop until he is dead or his son is dead. Our father hit Ethan before we ran. We knew what was coming and didn't stick around.” My brother looked ashamed.

“So I was beaten for years up until a little over a year ago. I went to school and our father killed our mother in her bed. The boy our father is with, is my ex- fiances, ex-boyfriend. He stabbed me almost killing me. I have left New England and was in hiding. With my ex- fiance's family.” Angelina processed all of this pretty quickly.

“You say ex- fiance?” I pulled out my wallet and showed her the picture of Gin.

“It's the reason I left. We were engaged three months. Her best friend came up to me and kissed me when I was grabbing some drinks for us, and then offered me sex. But Gin only saw her kiss me and ran off. I tried to get her to talk to me, but she broke off the wedding, so I left. Caden says shes a mess, but I can't bring my self to go home to her. I hate being without her. I have loved her for four years, we were together over a year. She was perfect for me in every way, she could stop my nightmares, and bring me out of my shell. But I trusted her with my heart and she broke it.” I said wiping away the traitorous tear.

“Pain is some thing Ethan that we cannot avoid. You can't run from her for forever.” I shook my head.

“I know but right not I cant trust her.” I got up and walked to the back yard. Stone came out after me.

“Angie is right Ethan. Once you get Dad go home to her.” I looked at my brother holding back tears.

“There won't be a me left. This s**t is changing me, when I do go home, she won't like what she sees.” He put a hand on my shoulder.

“Let her be the judge.” A tear fell out of my eye.

“I'm going out, I'll be back later.” I walked off in the direction of the nearest bar. To drown out the world.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah