Chapter 15: Panic and Dresses

Chapter 15: Panic and Dresses

A Chapter by Sarah

 

I woke the next day and realized where I was, but Gin wasn't in the room. I got up and walked downstairs. There was a note on the fridge door.

Ethan,

Went out to catch up with the girls, we will be at the mall.

What? She left alone! My father could still be here. I ran up the stairs and threw on my track suit and sprinted out the door. I walked into the garage and saw Alex's bike. I thew on the helmet and went to the Mall. I sped down the streets and arrived at the mall. I pulled out my phone and called Gin.

“Where are you?” I asked breathlessly.

“Ethan? Is everything alright?” She asked concerned.

“I need to know where you are now.” I said in a demanding tone.

“I'm at the food court.” I hung up and ran to the food court. I pulled off the helmet as I walked in. My breathing was ragged but I ran to her when I saw her.

“Ethan! Whats wrong?” She asked taking in my appearance. Her friends looked away.

“Don't do that to me.” She looked so concerned.

“Do what!” I held her face in my hand.

“Scare me half to death. I know you'll hate this but I can't leave your side. He will come for you first.” It dawned and showed on her face why I was so scared. She turned to her friends.

“Do you mind if Ethan comes along. You know being newly engaged he wants to spend all his time with me.” She asked sweetly. All her friends were giving me predatory glaces.

“Sure Gin that will be ok.” They all grabbed there purses and walked. I leaned down to whisper in Gin's ear.

“Are your friends ok? They seem to be looking at me... odd.” She giggled a bit.

“Well what do you expect when you come running in looking all hot and sexy.” I looked in the nearest mirror and saw that my hair stuck up every which way and I could see Gin giggling behind me her eyes full of mirth. I sighed and brought a hand up to my head to fix my hair but Ginny's hand stopped mine.

“Leave it, personally I love it.” She dragged me off to the changing rooms and her and her friends gave me a mini fashion show with all the dresses they had picked out to try on for the formal. I was laughing at Sam's latest dress it had hearts drawn in on it, she looked like the female version of cupid. Then she walked back in and came out and whispered in my ear.

“Try to keep your jaw shut.” I was going to question her but I saw Gin step out in a pale blue dress. I swallowed thickly, she was gorgeous. The red highlights came out in her hair, which today was straight. Her eyes were alight like on Christmas morning. My jaw must of dropped to the floor because I felt Sam touch my chin and force my mouth close.

“Gin I think you broke him.” Sam said beginning to laugh, but this was no laughing matter. I stood and in two quick strides I was standing in front of her, with her looking up at me. Her mouth formed a cute little o shape and I swiftly descended my lips onto hers. Her friends wolf whistled and I felt one of Gins' hands leave my hair, she probably was flipping them off. I pulled away and her eyes were close and she looked like she was in bliss. I had a goofy grin on my face.

“Wow maybe I should try on dresses more often if that is the reaction I get.” I chuckle at her dazed face.

“I think that's the one.” I went and sat back down as she went to get changed. I was just sitting there when I heard a scream I bolted out of my chair and into the changing room. When I walked in I wish I hadn't three friends lay clad in their underwear on the floor in a heap. I couldn't help but stare. They all fumbled for something to cover up and I covered my eyes and turned walking the other way till I walked head first into a wall. I fell over and when I looked up I saw Gin standing over me with a look of concern on her face.

“Ethan.” I stood trying not to stare at her. I got up and mumbled a reply before I booked it out of the changing room. I was met with a worker lady for the store and she gave me a nasty look as I looked sheepishly at her. She ordered me to sit as she called the mall cops. I tried to tell her what went on but she wouldn't listen to me. I was getting hauled away by a burly cop when Gin came out. She looked at me pityingly.

“Officer let him go.” She said.

“The clerk said she heard a scream and then this man ran out.” Gin had a hand on her mouth to stifle her laughter. I struggled against the cuffs.

“Well this man is my fiance and when he heard the scream he ran in to see if I was ok, he is super protective.” She did that thing where she bit her bottom lip. It made me melt every time. The cop took the handcuffs off of me and gave me a stern warning. I sat down as the rest of her friends came out.

“Ok there Ethan?” Sam asked.

“Oh yeah, and by the way chivalry is dead. Now if you try it you get arrested.” They looked to Gin who just shrugged her shoulders. We left the shop with all the ladies getting their choice for the formal. They shopped around a bit but after a while they got ready to leave.

“Want a ride to the house Gin?” She gave me a swift kiss.

“Sam is giving me a ride back, so while the weather is nice go for a ride, we will be fine.” I hopped on the bike and followed them to the house but as they were pulling in I pulled a wheelie and sped off.



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah