Chapter 12: Birthday Surprise

Chapter 12: Birthday Surprise

A Chapter by Sarah

February 3rd: (1 month later.)

I wake up yet again, another early morning. The sun gently seeps through the curtains. I get up a few minutes before Ethan just so I could watch him sleep. His face shows stubble yet it isn’t rough. He’s filled out a bit and grown several inches. Most importantly he was mine. I kiss his neck.

“mmm.” His blue eyes flutter open.

“Morning.” I said.

“Morning” Escapes his lips with a yawn.

“Tomorrow is my birthday. What you getting me?” He has been tight lipped over the whole thing and I was hoping if he wasn't fully awake he would blab.

“The best present yet.” He speaks slowly waking from his sleep daze.

“Really what is it?”

“Must you try to ruin my fun?” He says rubbing his face.

“Yup.”

“Well no such luck.” He rolls out of bed and stumbles into the bathroom. He comes out a few minutes later with his hair in his new messy way. He flashes me his most brilliant early morning smile. He has gotten better at getting up. He goes into the closet and pulls on a pair of jeans, a white t’ shirt and his blue button up.

“What’s the special occasion?” I ask at the dressier attire.

“No reason. Want to go out tonight?” He asks from the closet.

“We go out a lot.”

“We are dating.”

“Sadly.” I tease.

“Well fine if you don’t want to I'm sure your friend Stephanie would like to, she’s got a smoking body and a rack to match.”

“Are you saying you don’t like my rack?” I get off the bed and shove them in his face.

“No there nice.” He says trying not to eye my breasts, true they were kinda small but it was always fun to watch him struggle.

“Good thing cuz you wont see them till were married.”

“Yet again with the marry thing, it wont be for a while yet darling so relax.”

“So your saying your proposing to me in the future?” I ask hopeful.

“Well maybe but not until we get out of high school at least.”

“ I guess I can wait but only for you.”

“Hey can you get a ride home tonight I have some errands to run after basketball.”

“So your not watching my game?”

“I cant I have mine at the same time.”

“Fine.” I said slightly disappointed, it wasn't like back at Bacon where we were captains and could watch each others game, the guys here just looked out for themselves not the ladies.

“Next one I'll watch but today our games match up.”

“Is that why your dressy?”

“Nope just feel like it the ladies here love me.” He said in an over exaggerated tone.

“But your mine.” I say in a really possessive voice.

“And ill always be yours.” He walked out and gave me a quick kiss. I walked to the bathroom and let Ethan finish getting ready.


Ethan pov:

That one was getting smart to my plans. I went to Caden's room and knock on the door.

“Hey sis you up?” I shout through the door when she didn't answer it.

“Go away bro.” Came a mumbled reply.

“No get up school.” I tried to walk in but I found the door locked.

“Not going today.”

“You sick?” I ask, normally she would never miss school.

“Yeah.”

“Want me to get you something?”

“Nope I can take care my self.”I walk back into my room.

“Hey Gin can you check on Caden for me she wont let me in and she wont get ready for school.”

“Sure.” I walk off down stairs and eat a grapefruit. Ten minutes later I grab my bag and start the car so its warm for the ladies.

“Yo who ever is going to school your ride leaves in ten.” Ginny came down the stairs.

“Caden cant come she’s got the bug or sum tin my mom is on it.”

“Alright but she cant have the bug I heard no throwing up.”

“Ethan it’s a female thing.”

“Ah got yah.” Not wanting to get in any deeper than that with my sister, I walk away. I walked up to Ginny’s dad.

“So tomorrows the day son.” He said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Yup.”

“Nervous?” He asked.

“Just a little.”

“Well you got nothing to worry about everything is all set you guys leave right after her birthday and you sure your old friend wont mind rooming you?”

“Nah it should be good.”

“Are you sure its safe to go back there?”

“He would never suspect me to go back for all we know he’s out of country.”

“Just be careful.”

“Of course I wont let anything happen to her.”

“And you to son.” He said looking pointedly at me, he knew I would lay down my life for his daughter.

“Yes sir.”

“Ethan ready to go?”

“Yah but I have a question its sort of part of your present.”

“Oh really?” She looked excited.

“Yeah our old school is having a formal and I was wondering if you’d like to fly out there and my buddy would be rooming us you can see everybody again.”

“Who’s coming on this trip?” She asked skeptical of the conditions.

“Just me and you if you want to go.”

“Really!! That’s awesome.” She gave me a hug and for one I wasn't flinching away. I have slowly learned that not all the time when people touch you there going to hurt you.

“Alright well we have to get to school now so lets go.” I drove us to school like the usual and I hear my name.

“Yo Nathan you ready for some hoops after school before you whisk your lady away?”

“Of course man were taking down Salem tonight.” I gave Tyler a man hug and he walked in with us. He had become one of my main friends out here.

“Nathan did every one but me know about this trip?”

“Yup.” She playfully slapped my arm. School seemed to fly by that day. Before I knew it I was at the center of the court at tip off. We took down another team and added another win. I jumped into my mustang and drove. I picked up roses and a bottle of my lady’s favorite perfume to throw her off. I drove home to be greeted by Caden.

“Is she home yet?”

“Nah her dad just left to pick her up.”

“Here take these and hide them in your room I'll pick them up tonight after she falls asleep.”

“So this is it your going to ask her?”

“Yah but not until after her birthday when were back home.”

“Funny how you still call that place home.”

“Every where can be a home to a guy you wouldn’t understand.”



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah