The Game of Ages, Giants vs. Patriots Superbowl 42

The Game of Ages, Giants vs. Patriots Superbowl 42

A Story by Mr.Commentator

It was 6:20, the Star Spangled Banner is sung, and it hits you, the Giants are in the Superbowl, through the controversy, the hate, the playoff games the emotions cant be described,Tom Brady saying the final score would be 45 - 42 "at least he would have given us some credit for scoring a little more points", the Patriots coming into the game 18-0, Giants coming in 13-6, Eli Manning comming in for his first SuperBowl  Brady coming into his 4th , both teams faced each other in the late part of the regular season

 

Its 6:30 and its Kickoff time, PFT and the game is underway and chills go down my spine , 1st quarter both teams warming up trying to get a feel for eachother. 1st Quarter only the Giants come out with a 3 point lead 3-0 Giants.Only seconds into the 2nd Quarter the Patriots run up the gut for 6 points and the PAT is good, 3-7 Patriots.

 4rd quarter Kevin Boss catches his first pass of the game for 56 yards setting the Giants up on the 34 yardline , Giants on the 6 yardline Ahmad Bradshaw in the backfield , HIKE, a fake handoff to Bradshaw and the pass is delivered to David Tyree, the score is 10-7 Giants ,Its the Patriots ball and its 2 & 6 on the Giants 40, Bradys back to pass ,and its fired to Wes Welker for a 10 yard gain on the Giants 30 yard line,Bradys back in play-action and he slams it right to Randy Moss for another 11 yard gain on the Giants 19 yd line in RedZone , Bradys back to snap with only 2:51 left in the game, and he passes it AND ITS COMPLETE FOR A 12 YARD GAIN TO Kevin Faulk, Bradys back for the snap , looking for his man AND ITS TOUCHDOWN PATRIOTS TO RANDY MOSS.14-10 Patriots . 4th& 1 Giants with only 1:31 left in the game, and Jacobs blasts it over the 38 yd line  ,3rd &5 with 1:15 left , Manning takes the snap, and looking for a open man AND MANNING DUCKS A TACKLE AND SPINS OUT OF ANOTHER , flings it up and "The Catch" is made by David Tyree, he jumps up and catches the ball with the top of his helmet at the 23 for a 34 yd gain  with only 58 seconds left to go and calls the timeout  , Manning back and he throws a pass over to Steve Smith and its caught for 11 yards on the 19 yd line ,Mannings in the snap, calling signals ,  HIKE, and Manning looks left and passes it to Plaxico Burress AND ITS CAUGHT ,  with only 35 seconds remaining in the game , Giants lead 17- 14 , Brady is looking back to pass on 2nd & 10, and he's sacked for a 10 yard loss with only 19 seconds remaining . 4th & 20 and Brady just fires a long ball toward Moss and its swatted away .

 

The Giants win SuperBowl 42 and Tom Coughlin gets a Gatorade bath and have knocked of the Patriots to go 18-1 while the Giants go 14-6

© 2011 Mr.Commentator


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on November 27, 2011
Last Updated on November 27, 2011

Author

Mr.Commentator
Mr.Commentator

Venice, FL



About
Hi I am Taylor, I have been writing now for 3 years, and enjoyed everysecond, i hope you like my writing as much as i like making it more..

Writing