Gone Away

Gone Away

A Story by (Super) Heroes Never Die

"Look here. You love me, so why do you do this to me?"  She looked up at me through pale lashes. Her eyes contrasted darkly against the veil.

"I hate what you've taken from me."

 "I've given you more than I've taken."

"You've taken my freedom, my life."

She sighed. "I've given you so much more than that. I've given you the option to choose."

"And I've chosen wrong consistently. Why did you think I would change?  You were the only choice of mine that was right. The only one that I didn't regret. Why did you force me into this corner? I loved you. I still do."

She turned her back from me. "I had to do what I had to do. I did it for you. There was no hope for me." 

"Why do you haunt me?"

The room was heavy with the silence of grief.

"Because I miss you. Sometimes you don't see me, but I see you," she said, as her voice shook with the tears that would never fall. The hem of her skirt fluttered softly across the hardwood of my bedroom floor. "I don't regret what I did though. I was never good for you."

Now it was my turn for my voice to shake. However, my eyes, unlike hers, began to spill hot, angry tears.

"How dare you. How dare you act like this was for me. We could've lived and loved one another. But you left me. You left me here alone."

She came closer to me, drifting across the floor. She reached out her hand, a slight aura radiating off of her body. The mark of her death shone firmly in the opaque light, a single deep cut savaging her forearm.

"I was sick, and you wanted to stay. You wanted to watch me fade, but I couldn't do that to you. I couldn't look at you every day from the hospital bed. I had to choose. There was no future for me here. And in that, there was no future for you. I'm so sorry. I've given you more than I've taken."

I began to sob, my throat raw and my hands turned to claws in my hair, ripping and pulling until I was distracted by the pain. My breath caught in my throat, and my chest heaved.

"I love you. Why did you do this to me?"

When I looked up, my eyes searched the darkness, but the girl with the aura was gone.

© 2014 (Super) Heroes Never Die


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this was definitely thought provoking.. I think dark, so to me this was a cure, a blessing and a loss.. I felt like she might have been schizophrenic and somehow cured, or somehow she might have died and now the voice in her head searched for her but she was no more. It's actually very open for interpretation and that's how you know it's good writing. I might be totally of course with this review but hey I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


What a sad and haunting piece. Great job! This could make for an amazing book!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014

Author

(Super) Heroes Never Die
(Super) Heroes Never Die

Gotham City(:, OR



About
My name is Chey, pronounced Shy, though Im anything but. I'm twenty-two I've been writing for some time now, off and on since I was eight. I don't care who you are, if it strikes your fancy, send m.. more..

Writing