Prologue for Legacy Project

Prologue for Legacy Project

A Story by Mel Smith
"

Prologue for Collaborative Writing project

"

 

"Demons only chase you when you run." His father had said.
            The recollection was as stagnant as the sweat that beaded upon Logan's forehead. Its stench filtered through the metal mesh that held him. Fear gave way to claustrophobic panic. The machines' plunger had pressed down far enough that he could only move his legs. He tried to gain leverage against the steel door with his knees, forcing his back against the side and pressing outward. The mesh door bowed slightly but held fast.
            If the plunger drops any further, he thought … it's mockery to stop it short!
            "You're not real!" he shouted
            A hollow hum began to resonate. Metal against metal echoed through the chamber. Searing pain built up along Logan's spine. His right arm and leg shattered under the pressure exploding bone shards through his skin.
            Logan was thirteen when his father spoke of demons. He had no idea what was meant by them then. He knew now, he knew it too late. In all his imagination he wondered; is this really the way I'm going to die?

© 2008 Mel Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on March 27, 2008

Author

Mel Smith
Mel Smith

Boise, ID



About
I'm a 37 year old aspiring writer. I have been since I thirteen. Three years ago I was granted admission to Boise State University and moved to Boise to learn more about the only real competency I've .. more..