4th grade letter

4th grade letter

A Story by Erin
"

had to be written for school

"
                        
 
Dear New 5th grader,
        Hello. How are you doing? I understand that you are new to the fifth grade. So I am writing this letter to inform you about the changes you will experience from 4th grade to
5th.
 
           The first change that I experienced was switching classes. Instead of having every class in the same room, we have them in multiple rooms. There is a Math, Science, Social Studies, and Reading class. There are different teachers for Math Science, and Social Studies. Ms. Conner teaches Math, Ms. Chenault teaches Social Studies, and Mrs. Bogard teaches Science. For Reading you will have one of those teachers.
 
       The second change that I faced in the fifth grade was the Jr. Beta Club. The Jr. Beta Club is an organization for students who have a 3.5 G.P.A or grade point average or higher. They get to do many things. Some of these things include collecting cans, quarters, and my personal favorite, being an office worker. When you are an office worker you get to deliver papers, run errands, and fill in tardy slips.
The Jr. Beta Club also gets an Induction ceremony so everyone knows that they are in the Jr. Beta Club.
 
One more change I experienced was field trips. This year we didn’t go to many field trips, but when we did they were very fun, and educational. Such as Arlington. For the past 2 or 3 months we had been learning manners because Arlington was a very formal and mannerly restaurant. It was very fun. We also went to The National Underground Railroad, in Cincinnati Ohio. We learned about John Parker, Harriet Tubman, and many other people who helped the slaves escape on the Underground Railroad. This was also very fun, but also educational.
 
       Throughout the fifth grade you will experience many more changes but you will absolutely love the fifth grade!

© 2008 Erin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was extremely well-written, Erin.

Why aren't you in school today?

:-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2008

Author

Erin
Erin

Writing
Erin Erin

A Poem by Erin


Spirit Week Spirit Week

A Story by Erin