Let it Be

Let it Be

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

Let it Be



hot chocolate nights
serenity is a loose fitting sweater
of ennui

the expected
the secure
marshmallow kisses

in tandem with 
film noir
popcorn moments

mid-summer
anxious heat
hands confused

boredom a welcomed friend
love a scary adversary
better to just walk together

moonlight exchanges
Words
poetic endeavors

embraces are syllables
that may or may not connect
when the time warrants

we do.


erin-cilberto
6/18/24

© 2024 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh those simple moments spent together in a bubble of only the two. I love serenity compared to a cup of coco. Warm and cozy soothing on the inside

Posted 16 Hours Ago


Our past wriggles into our present, loitering what seems to matter 'til time comes when we realise it really does.. OR - it's gone, best left behind! You turn words and thoughts on their head, offering them up as a sacrifice to your reviewers' supposition, sir! More than your special way of reasoning, sir.

Posted 17 Hours Ago


I sense a tentitive treatise here, maybe, will I, won't I? ... Yup, shyness, previous heartbreak in a relationship sure can lead one to be at best suspicios of commitment, yet the allure of physical, palpable romance may prove more exciting than previous countless weekends alone with only candy, tv movies and maybe conceive another lovelorn poem to help while away the hours?

A marvellous, metaphoric masterpiece Jacob, much enjoyed the aloofness, uncertainy throughout here!

Posted 1 Day Ago


I feel the serenity in these words. Superb work.

Posted 2 Days Ago


Yet another excellent use of words and poetic form from a true master. Extraordinary Jacob. Going back in time.

Posted 3 Days Ago


Ah Jacob another great subtle metaphorical write not only with wonderful images but this time with advanced vocabulary that I had to look up. Such a perfect word "ennui" I will do my best to remember it. There is a meta feel to this piece beyond the words that continues to echo in my being not just mind. You have touched something.

Posted 3 Days Ago


I don't know if this is about the Beatles song and film but it certainly describes a youngsters emotions in the early 70's .
"Let it Be" they sang through all the tentative moments not so brazen as today's youngsters.
Each verse describes the breaking free from innocence in a such a lovely way .....

"boredom a welcomed friend
love a scary adversary
better to just walk together."
Images and emotions from long ago brought back here :)



Posted 3 Days Ago


Sounds like a summer romance to me....back when French kissing was the ultimate in sensuality. Sorta kinda watching the movie, but more interested in the person sitting next to you and the popcorn. I liked it! Lydi**

Posted 4 Days Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Days Ago

Thank you, Lydi.
j.
Life was simple back then, the beginning of the seventies when this album came out. And the simplicity really reflected the innocence too. I brought back to the drive in days and Pizza Hut.

Posted 4 Days Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Days Ago

Sad, it was the last album they released although it was recorded before Abbey Road.
thanks, .. read more
Film noirs are the best! Then again, how can you miss with a Beatle song as the title? How the hell are ya, Jacob? Pass the popcorn please!

Posted 5 Days Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Days Ago

Here's some popcorn, Kelly.
Doing okay...getting prepared for my foot surgery on Monday...so .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2024
Last Updated on June 18, 2024

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic