Centuries

Centuries

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

Centuries

 

 

 

press time into a

neatly folded sheet aligned

perfectly with pen

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

5/1/23

© 2023 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So easy to fold a sheet when you do this - but pressing time? Nice thought.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Andrew,
j.
I wonder how long words can last Jacob. We, who adore writing. Write to paper. Hoping our words and thoughts won't be forgotten. Amazing poetry. You made me think this early morning in Michigan.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

Thanks, Coyote...what is your weather like in Michigan today?
In just three succinct lines, the poet captures a profound concept, skillfully combining imagery and metaphor to convey a deeper meaning. Let us delve into the evaluation of this poetic gem.

The poem opens with the phrase "press time into a," which immediately sparks curiosity and engages the reader's imagination. The act of pressing time implies an attempt to capture and preserve it, much like pressing flowers or documents. This metaphor suggests a desire to immortalize the fleeting moments, to encapsulate the essence of time itself.

The second line presents us with the image of a "neatly folded sheet aligned." Here, the poet employs the visual of a carefully folded sheet, hinting at an act of meticulousness and precision. The alignment further emphasizes the meticulous nature of this endeavor, suggesting a deliberate intention to organize and arrange time in a structured manner.

Lastly, the poem culminates with the word "perfectly" followed by "with pen." This phrase adds an element of artistry and creativity to the act of pressing time. The pen symbolizes the instrument through which the poet seeks to capture and express the essence of these compressed moments. It suggests a writer's dedication and skill in transforming the ephemeral into enduring verses.

Overall, "The Poetry of Pressed Time" is a powerful and evocative piece, inviting readers to contemplate the nature of time and the artistic pursuit of immortalizing fleeting moments. The poet's choice of words and imagery creates a sense of reverence for the passage of time and the creative process. This concise poem serves as a reminder of the poet's role as an observer, custodian, and weaver of time, capturing its essence and preserving it in the timeless art of poetry.

I hope you keep writing. I thoroughly enjoyed your poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

Thank you.
E.P. Robles

1 Year Ago

You are so very welcome :)
'perfectly with pen'
once perfect everything before and after is 2nd best
doesn't take much to say so
well written

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, keith,
j.
Fabulous senryu J. The words capture writers through the ages over the centuries. So much can be said in 17 syllables. Well penned my friend.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Chris,
j.
Time as a neatly folded sheet aligned perfectly with the pen...gives such scope and depth to writing. Centuries of inspiration put to pen. How amazing is that...Loved it!

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Divya,
j.
A century... I graduated twenty years after WWII. That was forty-seven years ago... and I am older than a lot of people live. But it IS a new century... and, what about the twelfth century? Anybody remember ANYTHING that went on back then? Probably seemed pretty damn important at the time...

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

I am sure it did...
thank you, Vol,
j.
pen feels round to me
the paper on the desk flat
time for dictation
:-))

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

we must get someone to take it.
thanks, Winston,
j.
You are like denim, salt of the earth and nature. I always envy your way of writing. This senryu is no exception. You say so much in so few words. I am jealous.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Linda Marie.
j.
grand. grand. so perfecto.
Oh gosh, simple, and enamor tic to a writer, poet, perse.
great penmanship,
----1809 Black Plague December

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Black Plague,
j.
1809 Black Plague December

1 Year Ago

you are most welcome dear,

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

196 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2023
Last Updated on May 6, 2023

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic