Chapter 2: Accident

Chapter 2: Accident

A Chapter by Emunah June.
"

what a way to meet a girl neh?

"

The evening was cool and pale, with low powdery clouds hanging on the thin blue sky. Not exactly the ideal day to get married, but it was still a good one nevertheless.

 

The world was clean and clear of any pedestrians. I straightened my coat collar, tucking my head in from the small but gusty winds. Here I was...walking alone...like always.

 

Sigh.

 

I slipped my hands into my coat pockets and turned the corner. Ever since Brother decided to get Koda pregnant, he'd left me alone in our small, two person apartment. Every now and then he'd come and get a few of his things (a bedsheet on Monday, a few pairs of pants on Wednesday) now that he and Koda were moving in together.

 

Leaving me alone.

Again.

Like always.

 

I walked partway down the sidewalk and stopped to cross the street. The crossing sign blinked a dim red, revealing the picture of the held up hand meaning "Stop". I freeze, sinking myself deeper into my coat. For some reason, I felt really cold.

 

Blink. Blink. Blink.

Walking Man.

I can cross now.

 

I walk along the crosswalk, cars sitting in their places waiting for me to get to the other side. Sometimes, Brother would take his time, just for the sake of annoying the cars. But I wouldn't do that.

 

I like to be polite.

 

I get to the other side and begin to walk some more. In the distance, I can see the roof of my apartment. I'm not that far. I take out my hands from my pockets and run my fingers along my thin long ponytail draping down my back. I needed to remember to wash my hair tonight. It was starting to feel a little greasy.

 

I stop at the next crosswalk.

 

Blink. Blink. Blink.

Stop.

So I wait.

 

I cough for a moment, and my mind travels back to the festivites at the chapel. What was going on now? I allow myself to think. The two lovebirds were probably eating wedding cake together, laughing about times when they were little.

 

They probably wouldn't mention me.

Even though we were all childhood friends.

 

Koda would somehow get more frosting on her face than in her stomach, and Edward would be the romantic one and it lick it off her clean...beautiful...porcelain cheeks....

 

I shake my head clean of those visions.

No Al, I remind myself, she's married now.

 

Blink...

 

She's off the singles market. Get it through your head.

 

Blink...

 

She's chosen Brother, not you. No more strange visions.

 

Blink.

Walking Man.

 

I step into the street, but am too wrapped up to hear the screetching car noises.

 

But I feel it.

When it hits me.



© 2011 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor Al! He shouldn't have been thinking about that! I am upset he got hit by a car. I know he loves Koda, but he shouldn't have been walking in the street. I guess the driver crossed the red light. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this. I don't think I have read something this easy to follow in a while but you do not water it down with extensive metaphors and it works marvelously here. Well penned.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel so bad for Al, always alone.. I know how that feels. I love your descriptions of his emotions and visions. It would make me laugh SO HARD to see Ed licking frosting off a girl's face though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow I really loved this chapter...The way you painted the picture in this chapter was just amazaing...Geez I feel bad for Al...Edward has all the fun...But now I'm curious as to who hit him

Posted 13 Years Ago


NNNOOOOOOO!!!! AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
AL!!! Oh my gosh!!! Who hit him?! I will hunt them down. >:|

Posted 13 Years Ago


SDFHGHJKDSJAHDFJKSD
NOOOOO AAAAALLLL!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


OH NOOOOO! DX Al!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

599 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011

Out Came Love


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..