Who Were You?

Who Were You?

A Story by Emma Pond

She walks in one direction with a vintage camera slung over her shoulder and a tiny handbook pressed to her nose. With a ballpoint pen in hand she scribbles down symbols only she can decipher. Her mind is traveling at the speed of light through a galaxy that is far from the one she stands in. Passerby are aliens to her, yet familiar all the same. A figure brushes by her shoulder and an electric shock courses through her body that snaps her attention to the present, and it's the only thing that can.

He walks in the other direction with a portfolio draped open across his palms. Horn rimmed glasses slide down the bridge of his nose as he tries to maneuver his way through a sea of students. No one can catch his attention, his mind is focused solely on Point B and has been ever since he departed from Point A. As he trots past clumps of dramatic teenagers and artsy freaks, his shoulder brushes past another, as it has several times. But this time an electric buzz shocks his skin and the root of his soul. Something awakens within him and his eyes open as if they hadn't been before.

They both turn back to gaze at each other in amazement. A string of words linger at the tip of their lips and stay there. Time is lost. They are separated again by the quick rush of bodies that swarm between them. After that, they never meet again. What could have been is now a mystery that is heart-wrenchingly remembered in the darkest of hours and the loneliest of nights. The only thing that can be said is,

"Who were you?"

© 2013 Emma Pond


Author's Note

Emma Pond
Should I continue this? :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this :) If you find a way to continue it, then awesome! But if not, it's still a beautiful piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting... Like love at first touch. Or is it something more than that?

On those lonely nights, you'll look back on this moment and take comfort in imagining what might have been. But reality is never as sweet as dreams.

I say if you know what comes next, write it. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013
Tags: love, indie, coffee shop, cliche, second chance, forgotten, who, you, who were you?, emma pond, little town, big city, lost

Author

Emma Pond
Emma Pond

No Where



About
I'm an aspiring screenplay-writer and a film/drama fanatic. I absolutely love to read and write, from short stories to flash fiction, from John Green to Ralph Waldo Emerson. I just recently started d.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emma Pond


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Emma Pond