And So it Begins

And So it Begins

A Chapter by emilyy.marie
"

First day encounters between Mason and Catherine.

"

    Working up the courage to talk to someone new was something that Cat lacked, Mason however seemed like he was able to talk to anyone and everyone me met for days. The first day at school and the entire senior class and half the junior class knew how he was. Everyone was drawn in by his smooth voice and wonderful smile, and of course his exuberant personality. All of Cat’s friends took a liking to Mason instantaneously. They invited him to sit with them everywhere they went. He had AP Calculus with Cat and he tried to sit with her but he was moved to the front of the room. He made an effort to talk to her, she didn’t reciprocate it. She wanted to but she couldn’t do it because she got nervous about it.


    “Why are you angry with me?” A voice sounded from behind her locker door.


    “I’m not.” That’s not completely true.


    “You have no reason to be.” She could hear he annoyance in Mason’s voice.


    “Which is why I’m not angry with you.” She shut her locker and wasn’t ready to see him leaning against the lockers like he was. The right side of his body was resting against the locker and his head was tilted and his hair was being pushed up against the cool metal. His arms were crossed against his chest and he looked tired and irritated.


    “Then why are you avoiding me. I thought we were friends.”


    “We met yesterday and I don’t just go around letting people in all the time the moment I meet them. Sorry I’m not super friendly like you.”


    “What’s wrong with being friendly? I want to know people, I want to make friends.”


    “I have lunch. I have to go. If you’re working today, I’ll see you later.”


    And with that Cat shut her locker and walked to the cafeteria only to be met by the same voice and the same face. She felt bad about the way she had spoken with him, but he made her nervous and being nervous made Cat mean. She saw him siting with her friends already. How did he get there before her? She went the short path and walked briskly. He did have long legs, so his steps would be bigger in turn causing him to walk faster.


    “Hey guys!” Cat didn’t bother getting into the lunch line. She wasn’t hungry anyways, her most recent encounter with Mason had caused her appetite to leave her.


   “Cat! Mason was just telling us this story about Colorado and when he was climbing this mountain. It was so cool! You should have heard it!” Gabrielle, Cat’s closest friend, had shouted.

“I’m sure I will eventually.” Cat mumbled. She sat at in only available chair left at the table, coincidentally next to Mason. She slumped in her chair and put her bag on the table. Cat took out her phone and continued reading another iBook that she had purchased recently. It was The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and she absolutely adored it, but all too soon was her phone snatched away by Mr. Popular himself.


    “If you’re going to hear my stories I’ll have to call and talk to you about them.” He smirked and gave the phone back. Cat thought that there was no way someone could be so arrogant. But here he was, and he was no longer making her nervous but angry. Who gave him the right to take her phone? Who gave him the right to just waltz into the school and do what had taken Cat a year and a half in two hours? Who gave him the right to sweep all her friends off of their feet with his mountaineer stories? Cat was fed up with this problematic teenager and the more she sat there and thought about it, the more she had a distasteful feeling in her mouth when she thought about him.


    “I’d rather read stories that are published.”


    “Then I’ll write you a book.” He grinned so widely she thought his molars could fall out.



© 2016 emilyy.marie


Author's Note

emilyy.marie
thoughts?, would you have gone in a different direction than this?,

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The first day back at school is exactly where I expected this to go - and I like it! I am pulled in and can't wait to read what happens next in their adventure together. I am excited to see how Cat goes from despising the guy to falling in love with him.
I wouldn't have gone in any other direction - this one is perfect!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The first day back at school is exactly where I expected this to go - and I like it! I am pulled in and can't wait to read what happens next in their adventure together. I am excited to see how Cat goes from despising the guy to falling in love with him.
I wouldn't have gone in any other direction - this one is perfect!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: cat/mason, romance, teen, YA, washinton