Five Months Later

Five Months Later

A Chapter by emilyy.marie
"

Five months into the future with Cat and Mason.

"
    Even in the dark of night, she could still see the faint reflection of the moon in his navy blue eyes. And although she couldn’t see it, she imagined his cheeks, flushed and cold from running in the crisp March air. She could see the outline of his floppy hair bouncing while they weaved their way throughout the trees in the woods, trying not to hit anything. Their cloudy breaths came out in big puffs due to their lungs expanding and contracting faster than normal. Her converse and the hem of her pants had become muddy and wet, causing her ankles and toes to feel like they had become frozen.

    The music was fading, becoming softer and softer as they ran towards the edge of the woods. When they had reached their destination, the cliff that overlooked the small town in which they inhabited, they sat on the edge and swung their feet. She didn’t like that they were sitting so far away from each other, an unusual event in their friendship. Normally he would have almost been sitting on top of her- but tonight he didn’t keep her warm or make her laugh. He just stared out past the city and into the large dark water that was beside their home.


    “Mason?” She asked with a small voice. He wouldn’t even look at her.


    “Not now, Cat.” What had made him so angry that he wouldn’t talk to his best friend, whom he shared everything with?



© 2016 emilyy.marie


Author's Note

emilyy.marie
thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on January 15, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: cat/mason, romance, teen, YA, washinton