Aidan-Chapter 8

Aidan-Chapter 8

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 8

                They got back into Will’s house and Will happily went into the kitchen to make ham sandwiches for the both of them. Will was completely happy that he had someone to play with. His Mom came into the kitchen after a few minutes.

                “Hey Will, did you have fun at the park? Is Aidan still here?” his mother asked him.

                "Mommy can Aidan come over more often? Yes, he is still here, mommy.” he asked happily.

                “Well of course, Will. He is your cousin after all. So what are you doing in here?” Mary asked him with a funny smile on her face.

                “Making sandwiches for the both of us. We are both pretty hungry. Playing basketball and soccer is pretty tiring and makes anyone hungry,” Will said and continued to make the sandwiches. When Will was done he put them on two paper plates. Will walked into the living room and sat down next to Aidan. Aidan had turned the television on and was watching a movie since he had nothing else to do. Will gave the plate to Aidan. Aidan took his time eating it while little Will ate quickly. Will really wanted to play video games. That was his favorite activity ever. His parents grounded him from it once and he flipped out.

                His parents decided to never ground him from playing video games again. They were so scared that he was going to break something. He threw wild temper tantrums that Mary or Peter didn't want to deal with. They barely knew how to handle it.

                “This is good, Will. You should be a chef when you grow up,” Aidan said while sticking his tongue out at Will. Will smiled and set up his Wii for the two of them to play. They both decided that they wanted to play Guitar Hero: World Tour. Will did not own Rock Band because Will refused to play it. His parents offered it to him, but he refused. Mary and Peter just bought him the Guitar Hero games to keep the little kid happy.

                He had two guitars because of the other games that he had gotten before. Aidan was pretty good at Guitar Hero, but he was not as good as Will. Will had played every day to let his anger out. It got boring after a while because all you did was the same thing over and over again. It’s the type of game that is stress reliving for some people.

                Aidan wanted to play the drums though, but they didn’t have a singer. So they just stuck to the two of them. After an hour or so of playing Guitar Hero: World Tour Aidan and Will were bored with playing it. Will then popped in Mario Cart. Will won a few times and Aidan won the other few times that they played. Then they played other games until Aidan got a call from his Dad.

                “Aidan, where are you?” John asked when Aidan answered the phone.

                “I am at Aunt Mary’s house. I am playing video games with Will at the moment,” Aidan responded while trying to beat Will at the game they were playing.

                “Oh alright, how is she doing?” his dad asked.

                “She is pretty good. Do you want to talk to her?”

                “Sure, I would like to talk to her.” Aidan got up and called for his Aunt and he handed her the phone.

                “It’s my Dad,” he said and walked back into the living room.

                “Oh hi,” Mary said into the phone. She was really happy to talk to John. That was her brother in law after all and not hearing from him in ages worried her to death.

                “Hey Mary, Aidan isn’t causing you any trouble is he?” John asked his sister in law.

                “Of course not, he is no trouble at all. He is a very well behaved boy. You and Ashley raised him right,” his aunt said winking at Aidan. Aidan just smiled and continued to play with little Will. They were playing Wii Sports at that point. They were playing baseball. They had been playing bowling before his Dad called. Both of them had gotten bored with bowling and decided to play baseball against each other. Will was pretty good at playing real baseball. Will was pretty good on the Wii as well. Aidan couldn’t believe that he was losing the game. When the game was done he started laughing. Will joined in and John could hear him laughing in the background.

                “That’s good and what’s going on in there? It sounds like they are having a lot of fun,” John asked chuckling a bit.

                “They are playing video games as normal boys do. They are having fun. They were playing baseball on the Wii,” Mary said with a smile.

                “Well I hope he is having fun, but can you send him home in an hour. I’m going to take him out to dinner. I want it to be a surprise,” John said happily. He had gotten off early that day and forgot to tell Aidan in the note that he left for him that morning. John wanted to keep it a surprise so that was why he didn't tell him that.

                “Alright, I’ll let him know. I will talk to you later. I have to cook dinner for Peter and Will. I will make sure Aidan gets home in a hour.” she said.

                “Bye,” John said and they hung up. Mary handed Aidan his phone and went into the kitchen to take an Aspirin. Mary had a bad headache, but she didn’t want anyone to know it. Mary had been getting really bad headaches a lot lately. She has been having migraines. She then walked back out into the living room to tell Aidan that John wanted him home in an hour.

                “Aidan, your Dad wants you home in an hour. I will make sure you get home safely.” she said.

                “Alright,” he said.

                “Does he have to go,” Will whined.

                “Yes, he does honey. I’m sorry,” she said.

                “Will, I have an idea,” Aidan said.

                “What's your idea?” Will said brightening up a little bit.

                “I will take you to the roller rink and bowling alley tomorrow. Does that sound fun?”

                “Yes, it does. Can I go tomorrow, Mom,” he asked with puppy dog eyes. That made Mary chuckle a little bit before deciding.

                “That’s very nice of you, Aidan. Yes, you can go tomorrow. Just make sure you behave when you go. I don't want a repeat of the last time I let you go to the bowling alley with a friend,” Mary said with a smile and a warning look. She would finally have the day to herself tomorrow. Mary wanted Will to get out of the house for a while now. He hadn't been playing with others lately.

                “Yes, I’m really excited for tomorrow. Mom, I was five and I missed you. I was scared of being away from you,” he said in a hyper tone and a whine.

                “I’m glad you can go.” Aidan said with a smile. Aidan wasn't going to ask what happened last time. They played Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort for the last hour that they had together. Wii Sports Resort was more fun than regular Wii Sports because Sports Resort had more variety on it. It had basketball, Frisbee, Canoeing, Table Tennis (Ping Pong), Sword fighting, and much more. Aidan’s two favorites were the sword fighting and basketball. Aidan did pretty well on his first try, but since Will had the game longer than Aidan he was better at it. In sword fighting Will had fun being aggressive. In that game Will and Aidan were both more aggressive than in real life. Aidan never wanted to be aggressive with anyone. That would be way out of character for him. Aidan wanted to stay in character most of the time. Well all of the time.

                “I had so much fun with you, Aidan. I hope you come visit again real soon. I also can’t wait for tomorrow. It’s going to be really fun!” Will said enthusiastically. He had a big smile on his mouth. Aidan was now his favorite cousin. They both had a whole bunch of cousins, but Aidan was Will’s favorite from that point on. Aidan messed up Will’s hair and then went into the kitchen.

                “I will see you tomorrow, Aunt Mary,” Aidan said.

                “Alright, I will see you tomorrow as well,” she said and she got up to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

                “Bye Will I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said and messed up his hair again. Will sighed and Aidan started laughing. Aidan walked out of the house and was on the way to his own. It really wasn’t that far away. Aidan still had a few things on his mind. He wanted to know why his Dad wanted him home so early. His Dad set his curfew for ten o’clock. His father really didn’t want Aidan out after that. Aidan really didn’t care that he had a curfew.

                “I wonder what is going on,” he said to himself. When he turned the corner to his house he saw his father’s car there. Aidan was a little astonished because this was the earliest that John had gotten home. Aidan was a little suspicious as too why his father was home early. He wasn't going to say that out loud when he got home.

 



© 2012 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Suspicious at what? Anyways, I'm going to read on. Great chapter, as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awsome :O

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again, I m excited to see what he'll discover. This chapter reminded me of the fun of being a child hanging out with friends and playing. Nostalgic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


it was nice, but some stuff you could have left out like what games they played and the extra info about what games will owned and all that, it wasn;t really bebnefivcial to the story in my opinion. I kinda missed reading this...well on to the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is amazing! All of it! I love your writing! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmmm, interesting, i cant wait to see what happens!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a good chapter because of the character development, though another chapter like this would be more like a filler if it's the same characters developing, I hope things get even more interesting after this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


cool chapter,is nice that aidan got time to have fun

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2010
Last Updated on September 12, 2012


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..