Aidan-Chapter 6

Aidan-Chapter 6

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 6

                Aidan was still watching his father. Aidan saw tears rolling down John's cheeks. Aidan was shocked to see John cry. He hasn’t seen him cry since he was a child. John never expressed his emotions. This was the first time in a while that he did in front Aidan.

                “Dad, what’s wrong? Are you okay?" Aidan frowned. Aidan had always hated to see other people in pain. That was another good quality in Aidan. He was always worried about someone else other than himself. Aidan didn’t show it all the time because he didn't want people to know that he didn't worry about himself. He worried about himself to an extent. He cared about himself to an extent as well. He cared about his friends and family more than himself.

                “Well I was thinking about your mother all day today. I really miss her. I am okay though son. I did have a conversation with your Aunt Mary after your mother died. You should call Mary tomorrow to see how she is doing. I haven’t spoken to her since your mother’s death. I think it would be nice for her to hear from us if you know what I mean. I really think Mary would appreciate the call. Plus she probably misses us since I haven't talked to her since your mother passed away. It's been ten years since I've heard from her. I know your mother wouldn't want it to be that way. I know she would want us to be closer than we are. I know Mary needed time to grieve and I did too, but she does need to see and hear from us more often,” John responded in return. Aidan hugged John because he knew that was the right thing to do. Aidan loved his father to death and he didn’t want to see him hurting. Aidan wanted to be able to comfort him, but he didn't know how.

                “I promise that I will. I haven't seen her since I was young and it would be really nice to see Will again.” Aidan said and yawned he was tired and so was John. His father yawned as well.

                “Alright, well I’m going to go to bed now. Good night, Aidan,” John said and went upstairs to go to sleep. Aidan could tell that there was something on his mind. Aidan didn’t know what it was but he didn’t want to ask because that was pretty rude. He didn't think he would get a straight answer out of his father anyway. Aidan walked up the stairs five minutes after John went up. Aidan had a lot of things on his mind as well. After reading the letter from his friend he had more on his mind.

               Aidan tried to fall asleep, but he couldn’t because he had too much on his mind. He had his friend, Chris on his mind and also his Mom. Aidan also was worried about his Dad. Aidan was also worried about Chris because of everything that was going on in his life. He didn't like the fact that he was stressing out. He understood though. Aidan knew how Chris was. He didn't want anything bad to happen. Aidan decided that he was going to write the letter to Chris now since he wasn't able to fall asleep. Aidan wrote:

Dear Chris,

                I can see that your handwriting is as neat as ever. It’s cool that you have a little brother. I wish I had one, but I can't have one now. He is just a baby though and he is a few weeks old. He will probably cry a lot since he is just a newborn. What is your brother's name? By the way I don't think stress is a good thing in this situation. I am doing okay. Yes, it will be hard on me since my mother’s death date is coming up. I just have to live my life and try to not get too depressed about it. You also have to try to live your life as well and try not to show that you are stressed. That will stress your mother out more than she probably is.

                Chloe and Randy are doing great. In fact I just saw them today. We were hanging out at the roller rink for a while, but then I got one of those headaches. I had a dream about my mother two in the same day. The second one was different from the first one. Well my Dad seems like he is hiding something from me. I don’t want to ask because you know that I respect my Dad. He has been really busy and I hate when he gets too busy because I want to spend more time with him. He never has time for me anymore since he is working hard to raise me. I’m really surprised that your parents split up, but I didn’t expect it to happen so soon, Chris. I didn’t think that they would do something like that to you and your little brother.

                So Chris how are you doing right now? I know you must be feeling like crap because of your parents splitting up, but I don’t want to be rude. You asked how I was doing. You know how I try to be; respectful to everyone. It is true that you will end up being sad later, but who wouldn’t be sad about after their mother and father splitting up? I expect your mother to be cry because her husband wants to leave her for another woman. Or the other option that could be possible is that she is suffering from postpartum depression. My father told me that my mother suffered through that after I was born. It might be that both are affecting her, Chris. I think every mother suffers through it. You just need to give her time. She will come out of it. Your mother is a strong woman. She does need comfort in this moment. You should just try to be there for her in the best way you can. That will help because she knows you are there for her, Chris. My dad always told me that and the words are becoming truer.I have done that for Randy and he has done that for me.

                Your dad is going to move away? Wouldn’t it be difficult for him to see you and your brother even if he is only moving a half hour away? Doesn’t he work a lot? And he doesn’t have time over the weekends to really take care of you two right? Well your father seems like he knows what he wants and needs. You should let him know how you feel, Chris. I know that he has hurt your family, but he cares for you even if he is not showing it. Yes, your brother will miss out on that if he can only see his father on weekends. They might just be able to watch a movie together and everything, but that’s about it. He won’t be in his child’s life except for those moments. I know you are feeling bad and I hope that you feel better soon.

                I will write again really soon. I can't wait to see you. I hope we can hang out like old times. How long will you be here? Maybe you, Randy, Chloe and I will be able to hang out? Well I hope you feel better next time we speak. Let me know when you are coming to visit too. I can't wait to hang out and catch up some more.

Your buddy,

Aidan.

                Aidan stopped writing the letter to Chris and sat in the chair. He was thinking about a few things. He was thinking about his mother still. He was thinking about how long her hair was. His hair is almost as long as his mother’s. Aidan was going to grow it out more so that it matches his mother’s length. Ashley had dark brown hair so he got the trait from his father. Ashley had light blue eyes and John had dark brown. Most of the trait’s came from John, but he isn’t the exact look alike of his father since he did have some of his mother’s traits as well. Aidan got up from the chair and went to lay down on his bed. Aidan was completely calm though he had a lot on his mind which wasn’t unusual. Aidan was always calm, but no one has ever seen him lose it or snap. No one will ever have that chance because he is a calm person. If he did snap no one would want to see what it was like. They wouldn't be able to imagine Aidan with an attitude.

                 Aidan fell asleep no more than two minutes later. Aidan looked a lot younger when he slept like most people. That night was calm and he did not have any dreams of his mother. Aidan didn’t think he would have another dream about his mother. Aidan had thoughts of her still on his mind, but for one night he was at peace. This is something that John was hoping for and Aidan was as well.



© 2012 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe when Chris comes over, there won't be any headaches or those dreams! :D Well, one can certainly dream that, right? Great chapter, anyways. Reading on...

Posted 13 Years Ago


awww i feel bad for Aidans dad cause he misses his wife great job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good :3

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great Angie, I feel I'm getting closer to the character and I'm enjoying 'living his life'. Its touching.... Very good story telling

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great. i love it all so far. This is so amazing. this is the best book ;D

Posted 13 Years Ago


im curious to find out more about his father. it would be a shame if he had anything to do with his wife's death. but cant wait to read more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


His father is definitely hiding something, I'm not sure if he did it or not, but there's something he doesn't want his son to find out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i still say his dad did it.... LOL

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
The guilt in everyone's attitude is well expressed. You just need to do proof reading. Other than that, please tell me when the next one is out ! ! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


And I am doing okay.- needs a question mark at the end istead of a period. The part where Aiden was asking Chris about his dad being able to see him and everything seemed a little nosey to me. Idk why. oh and if his dad didn;t kill his mother, then i;ll at least think he;d have an idea of who did. Just another assumption.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

751 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on September 10, 2012


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..