FB3-94 "Plans Were Made"

FB3-94 "Plans Were Made"

A Chapter by dw817
"

The trio started to travel to their room but in the process they ran directly into Umeko from Arkos ! She was dressed in a lovely thin dress that had the designs of many different colored birds on it.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© March 2019 - Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 94 - "Plans Were Made"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Back with Dempsey, Pritchart, and Petrov, they had fled the drive-thru and started thinking of where to go to hole up away from the police.

"There's the '96 Hotel just up the road here."

"I've been there. The service is lousy."

"Well, where do you suggest ?"

"I've always liked the Radiant. And the service there is good, too."

"That's true."

"Must agree."

"Then it's settled, we'll go there."

They took their hotwired vehicle and parked as far away in the back as they could, nestled amongst a sea of other cars. They entered inside and were delighted to see some type of party going on there. Apparently it was a full gathering for an interest in bird watching.

"This is perfect." Pritchart whispered back to Dempsey, who silently agreed.

"We're here with the group." Dempsey said to the hotel clerk behind the desk.

The clerk looked a little haggard and just pointed to the book. "Sign your name in. Find a room. Try to keep it down. I've already received multiple complaints of noise." He looked up for a second, "I thought you birdwatchers were a quiet lot. Boy was I wrong !"

Dempsey shrugged apologetically and signed in as, "Mary." Pritchart as "Peter." And Petrov as "Paul."

After that and paying in advance with cash, they went to their rooms. Or were in the process of when they ran directly into Umeko from Arkos ! The young oriental woman was dressed in a flattering and thin dress that had the designs of many different colored birds on it.

She at once recognized them. "What are you goons up to ?" she asked in a haughty tone, her long black eyelashes fluttering in a flurry of movement.

Dempsey leaned forward, "Don't take that tone with us princess. You no longer have status over us now that Arkos is down."

She tilted her head down while biting her lip. He was right of course. She looked up for a second and asked, "Are you three looking for work ?"

"What kind of work ?" Pritchart asked, interested.

"Coffee." she said simply. "You treat me for coffee and I'll let you know what happened, and we - all four of us - can benefit from this."

The trio were carrying a simple suitcase of items including the diamonds. Petrov went in the room assigned for them, put down the luggage, pocketed the diamonds for safety, and met the waiting group outside.

Pritchart sighed, "Fine. Coffee it is. And yes - we are looking for work."

Umeko nodded, "Good. Because the kind of work we need is right up the alley of you three."

"We ?" Petrov asked. "Who are you working for now ?"

. . .

Back at the desert the weather seemed to have calmed down slightly. While it was no longer a blizzard, a heavy snow continued to fall, easily blanketing the line of vehicles and pathways outside.

Fortunately in the hospital there were plentiful supplies just in case they did happen to get snowbound. Margaret, the nurse assigned to look after Tyr was just about asleep in her chair as it was well past midnight when suddenly Tyr started murmuring in her sleep.

Margaret snapped to attention and wrote down everything she said. She then looked at the IV drip and controls nearby. Touched a few buttons, adjusted the drip so Tyr could get a deeper sleep, and then going back to her own chair slept till morning.

* * *

The ambulance my Mom and me were in had just bumped over a curve, signifying that we were fast arriving to the hospital. I kept my body still and my eyes closed.

Mitch was the first to notice that my needle didn't even go in.

"Hey, is this normal ?" he asked, picking it up as a slow drip of the sleeping drug ebbed from it.

Clancy was more interested in getting paid than anything else so he just waved a dismissive hand, "Deal with it, will ya ?"

Clancy took the needle then tried to puncture my arm with it, but it wouldn't go. It was like trying to push a needle through a brick. I kept still like I was asleep nonetheless.

"Hurry up !" Clancy said, his voice raising in irritation.

"Alright alright, d****t !" Mitch said and threw down the needle disgustedly.

Then I felt movement. They were unloading the gurneys. I opened my eyes only slightly to look around, but there was no way I could see what hospital I had been shipped to.

Then I heard the other gurney. I peeked out slightly to see my Mom was completely asleep. A needle right up her wrist and the bottle not even remotely empty. I suspected they could keep her like that for 8 or more hours if they wanted to.

"Let's finish up here, gentlemen !" Clancy barked to the others.

The gurneys were then pushed through several doors, bumping the front of the gurneys noisily each time. I checked and it didn't even disturb my Mother.

"They're supposed to go in here. Wing 3A !"

I felt slightly dizzy as the gurney I was on was rotated and shifted down a different hallway.

"What are you going to do with your money ?" I heard one of them ask another.

"Me ? That's security, man. Safety. I'm gonna use my money to burglar proof the house. My wife will love it."

"How about you ?"

"Gambling !" I heard all four of them say at once. They laughed, apparently that was exactly what the fourth goon was going to do with his money.

Then the gurney movement was stilled. I heard and felt a handle moved to lock the wheels. Opening my eyes slightly, I could see a dim and single light shining overhead. Someone leaned over to look at me and I quickly shut my eyes.

He pulled back, grunting, satisfied I was asleep just like my Mom.

. . .

One million years in the future, Murphy and company were all in a star-chamber discussing what to do at this point. The direction of the conversation was certainly not positive. With the death of several soldiers having entered the Gate and the death or at least temporary removal of the seemingly immortal being, Hum, it did not look at all good for the possible recovery of the plugin.

Murphy had befriended a woman named Darla. She shared the same views as him, not wanting to build any more Gates or send people to what was believed oblivion.

Unfortunately without the Gate, this left very few methods of traveling back in time.

One such method that Darla did suggest and support, and Murphy was in full agreement, was the standard slingshot orbit effect. That is, to send out a manned spacecraft, hurl it straight towards the sun at maximum speed.

Then at the last moment veer away and use the combined speed of the craft and the gravity of the sun to accelerate it fast enough to bend space and the laws of natural science and travel back in time.

The calculations for such a journey were astronomical to say the least. From what Murphy saw of Hum working earlier, he dearly wished he was available to help him put together this method - were it chosen.

And then, there it was. From the 12 people seated around the table. A soft blue glow appeared in front of every one of them. They were in unanimous agreement about the slingshot effect method. Yet it would be exceedingly dangerous were any calculation so much be off by a billionth of a decimal. But surely no more dangerous than attempting the Gate again.

At least the pilot wouldn't have to fend off any giant butt-monsters, like the earlier soldiers did in the Gate. Or see apparitions of other spirits.

And Murphy was not going to wait on Hum, however long it might take for him to reappear. With the help of the main Central computer and Darla, they should be able to calculate what was needed to travel back in time to an exact date - the date where Dev - where I - first received the plugin device - and then stop it right then and there.

With the plugin device gone, my entire timeline would change. I would continue to be bullied by Scant, Tyr would continue to incessantly tease me - and both of us - both - we would never even know or have any knowledge of the secret underground organization, Arkos.



END OF CHAPTER 94



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing