FB3-83 "Hum Takes Over"

FB3-83 "Hum Takes Over"

A Chapter by dw817
"

Back on the scanners and speakers, Hum watched the life-sign monitors as each winked out of existence showing the entire party of excursion were eaten ... or worse. He sniffed, "Pathetic humans."

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© January 2019 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 83 - "Hum Takes Over"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


B ack with Dempsey, Pritchart, and Petrov, they approached the old rusted out truck that was near the barn. Only a few telltale trickles of water gave any indication to the torrential flooding that had occurred earlier. Fortunately it wasn't for very long or they might've been hip deep in fresh mud.

"A siphon ?" Dempsey asked.

Pritchart went to the mangled other vehicle and managed to open the battered trunk. Inside was a funnel with a rubber hose attached. He handed it to Dempsey.

Dempsey effortlessly pulled off the funnel and put one end of the rubber hose in the totaled car. Then the other end he sucked on mightily finally spitting out the gas and connecting it to the rusty truck.

A sound of falling liquid was heard. The other two breathed a sigh of relief. Provided the truck would actually function, it would save them hours of walking back to Antony's home.

Once the gasoline transfer was complete, Dempsey yanked out the hose and threw it across the way. Then the two piled in the truck as Pritchart hotwired it from in front.

The truck made an awful rasping sound and finally a sluggish engine overturned and stayed on.

He dashed back in the truck noisily closing the rusted door.

"Let's go !" he said, and with Dempsey at the wheel, they returned back to the main road to return to Antony.

. . .

Inside the "Gate" things were going for the worse. These horrible nightmarish pink creatures could easily devour a single man just by sitting on him and letting the suction from inside the rectum pull him in, screaming or not.

In a short amount of time, there was only one soldier left, and she ran away, cursing himself for not having told her other soldiers to retreat from this unbeatable fight.

The strange rounded creatures strangely did not give chase, however, being on shorter stumpy tentacles, but they did let out a noxious flow of what could only be described as toothless laughter.

Cleo, the last soldier was not even looking where she was running when she stumbled headlong into another nightmarish creature, not yet seen before. This one was like a flat piece of brown leather, triangular the size of a couch, and had teeth so long that puncture marks appeared bleeding and crusted over where it had closed or attempted to - its ragged mouth.

With a weird screeching call it barreled straight into her, diving its razor-sharp teeth into her unarmored leg.

She fell over, howling in pain as fresh blood dripped from her savaged would. She crawled away as quickly as possible. She still had a gun in her hand and fired it blindly at the monstrosity.

But like everything else, nothing worked in this dimension. Soon the triangular bird-like creature would have its meal, fresh female human ...

Back on the scanners and speakers, Hum watched the life-sign monitors as each winked out of existence showing the entire party of excursion were eaten ... or worse.

He sniffed, "The frailty of humans."

But Murphy had just about enough of this self-centered alien from the beginning, "Suppose you show us how its done then ?"

Hum turned his head quizzically to regard Murphy, uncertain if it was a sincere request or an unwise attempt to defrock him of his majestic demeanor.

He took it for the primary and smiled wide, "Perhaps I can at that."

He went to the controls of the Gate and set it for a 5-second activation. Whereupon to everyone's surprise, Hum entered straight into the gate.

"Idiot !" Murphy said. "We don't even have a monitor for him."

Hum strangely spoke on the speakers above the howling, "I think you will see I have prepared for this causality. On the console there, run program 384 Alpha."

Murphy was beside himself with shock. Wasn't he with Hum almost every second of that day ? He must've come here in the night to add this code. But he didn't care, as long as anyone SOMEONE would make it successfully through the Gate and retrieve that accursed plugin.

Murphy nodded, smiling slightly, "Okay, Mr. Hum. I'm running your program now."

Unlike the small and incomplete monitors as were listed for the failed crew, this new code running filled the screen with all kinds of information. Not just on Hum but where he was located, how far it was to his destination, and the best course to take.

Murphy clicked on the speaker, "Okay, Hum, according to this projected map - "

But Hum interrupted, "I know where to go. That program is for you - so you can keep track of me. Don't worry, I am more than capable of taking care of myself."

With that he reached in his pocket to pull out an alien visor and snapped it around his yellow eyes. Back where Murphy was a new screen appeared showing exactly what Hum was seeing.

Hum continued, "For your benefit, you can see the inside of the Gate now."

And Murphy did all he could to not switch it off from both horror and disgust. For the first time he saw this nightmare realm, formed as earlier described from granite hard feces and devilish and insane decorations dotting the alien sky, clearly made from long mad artists and contractors.

He also saw the pink horror beasts now slurping up the last of his dead and unconscious soldiers.

Murphy hesitated for a moment, "Say, Hum, do you think there's any way you can save my - "

* * *

But Hum shook his head tilting the screen of sight slightly. "No, they are gone. I'm sorry. The metamorphoses of these creatures is permanent and irreversible. In our world they are simply called the 'Marvu' and are native to dimensional holes and incisions - as its protectors. I had hoped your soldiers had weapons effective enough to defeat them, but apparently not."

Murphy leaned in, "Are you going to be okay, Hum ? I mean you don't have a - "

Suddenly there was an ear-splitting flash of energy and one of the round pink monsters near Hum just - faded away in a flash of super-heated temperature and radiation.

"Weapon ?" Hum finished Murphy's sentence with a smile. "Yes, I do have one, and it is quite effective as you can see. You can monitor my progress. On foot I should reach the destination by the hour."

The other pink monsters saw what happened to their companion and one screeched a warning from its rubbery lips causing the others to beat a hasty retreat, not wanting to join the same fate as their comrade.

. . .

Morning had arrived. Flight arrangements were indeed made for Dr. Seisbee, Margot, and Danielle. They were each fitted with a parachute - just in case there were problems, but the pilot assured them that he had been doing free-fall flights for years and was quite the expert in this field.

The plane noisily started up and as it did, the pilot turned his head to look at the pair of shaken archeologist girls. "Tell me what it is you kids are doing here ?"

Seisbee replied by pulling forth one of the Sky Stones to show the pilot. Not knowing what it was, he shrugged, and soon they were accelerating, reaching the end of the runway.

The pilot pulled back on the yoke and the plane hurled straight up into the air. The three were briefed earlier that it would be a good 30-minutes to reach the proper position before a perfect free-fall could be done.

. . .

Lilly and her Mom showed up in a hurry, especially when I mentioned over the phone to Lilly that Tyr had somehow "warped out" to a desert somewhere.

Unfortunately she was not very helpful to getting my own Mom and Dad to believe what I was saying, especially with her fantastic tale of a female succubus demon taking me away to hell earlier.

I sighed, pinched the bridge of my nose in thought. Finally I said, "Lilly. It's difficult enough for Dad to believe that Tyr 'warped out' of here let alone me taking off to hell with some crazy woman."

But she persisted, "Dev ! You were there ! It really happened. You can't deny that !"

I really didn't want to make this any worse than it already was. I couldn't think of anything to say without Dad going over the deep end and thinking we were smoking Oolong tea bags.

But I did give her a slight nod to let her know, yes, I know that was true and happened, but no, I can't say it, because my parents are already on the edge of thinking we're both crazy.

But then Lilly grabbed my hand in hers and, to help us all, that magic ring of light appeared again !

And this time, Mom and Dad saw it.

He was bug-eyed leaning his head down to look at the play of light as it circled our clasped hands.

He was amazed, "Now hold on a second here. Hold on. You've got - something going on here."

"It's the plugin Dad." I took a real deep breath then just blurted it out. "Lilly is right, I did go to hell with a strange woman, but I'm back, okay ?"

Dad jerked up in an instance to frown at me, "Now I =DO= believe there is something going on with this plugin you are talking about, but this woman from hell, she just appeared out of nowhere ?"

I nodded.

Dad regarded me seriously, "You do know how difficult this is for me to accept."

"Look at the light, Dad."

I then pulled my hand from Lilly's but a trace of the light remained with her.

"Go ahead, Lilly." I offered her. She knew what to do.

She waved her hand up and down, "Look at me, guys, here I am ! I'm here ! Now watch ... !"

And with that she stepped through the solid wall in the kitchen and after a moment reappeared a distance down the hallway, waving at us.

There was a noticeable thud as my Mom had visibly fainted from what she saw. Dad held his own but his eyes were wide in surprise.

Finally he spoke in the quiet, "You know what this means, Dev, right ?"

I shrugged.

He was all smiles, "There really =IS= a God !"

I shook my head and laughed, "Dad, there's - more miracles occurring on this great planet than what Lilly did. If you need proof there is a God, just look outside at the beautiful grass, the lovely sky, the very air we breathe. We - this can't all be - random. There's your proof of God right there."

He coughed, a little embarrassed, "Yeah, well, what happened here, anyways is proof of - something incredible taking place."

I nodded, "That's a start. Now, what are we going to do about getting Tyr back here ? Like I said, she stepped in to some kind of disc or portal, and I saw a lot of sand, like a desert behind her. How do we get her back ?"



END OF CHAPTER 83



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hum sounds like a smart guy. He's got the weapon, the confidence and he's facing these creature like a bro, and all while the commander looks like a fool. Very nice. I like this plot and Lilly. She seems nice, her power is cool too. I like this a lot!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

5 Years Ago

Hello, MK. This story is HUGE, I mean hundreds of chapters now.

Hum is short for "Hum.. read more
MidnightKingdom

5 Years Ago

Abbie interesting- very thoughtful you named him after a bone. I will check it out, definitely!



Reviews

Hum sounds like a smart guy. He's got the weapon, the confidence and he's facing these creature like a bro, and all while the commander looks like a fool. Very nice. I like this plot and Lilly. She seems nice, her power is cool too. I like this a lot!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

5 Years Ago

Hello, MK. This story is HUGE, I mean hundreds of chapters now.

Hum is short for "Hum.. read more
MidnightKingdom

5 Years Ago

Abbie interesting- very thoughtful you named him after a bone. I will check it out, definitely!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing