Government Shutdown

Government Shutdown

A Chapter by dw817




October 2, 2013

Government Shutdown



In U.S. politics, a government shutdown is a situation in which Congress fails to pass authorization for sufficient funds for government operations. Typically, the government stops providing all but "essential" services at first, but since Congress must authorize all expenditures, there is no law protecting any government service from stoppage. Federal services that may continue for a time after a shutdown include the National Weather Service and its parent agencies, medical services at federal facilities, armed forces, air traffic management, and corrections (the penal system).

Who do you feel is truly responsible for the government shutdown we are experiencing now?

What could be done to help it ?






© 2013 dw817


Author's Note

dw817
Please comment and REPLY to the comments. This was the real strength behind opening conversations and discussions between members.

I will also adopt the policy Theo has of NOT replying to any comments - they are for you the readers and writers to decipher, although I will most certainly reflect on every answer, comment, and reply given by everyone.

However, if Theo does accept my invitation, I will be more than happy to answer his future questions as he would then be the moderator of this - not me.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
I think...(and this is just my opinion) all of the ones responsible should have their pay and benefits stopped until they can get their FRIGGING DUMB A*S ACT together...just a thought is all...:)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

I am in full agreement with you, but you might be surprised to learn that there is a fair number of .. read more
ron

10 Years Ago

I am surprised.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013
Tags: government shutdown


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing