Home

Home

A Poem by Dave W.
"

Home and what it means....

"

Home is the place that beckon’s when things are unfamiliar. 

To go to that place where you are known and loved, home.

 Even its sound is warm and inviting, safe.

 Home where your friends and family reside, faces smiling.

Home  are the sights and smells of food remembered and Christmas eve cookies.

Home is memories sweet,

 happiness experienced, 

hugs and kisses before the world revealed itself,

 the truth of life hit.

Home just out of reach, almost there, just a little longer.



© 2024 Dave W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have captured the essence of home in this very lovingly penned poem. Home is anywhere our heart is happy and at peace, not necessarily the home we grew up in. Home is always warm, inviting and one can feel the love within it. I like this poem very much, Dave. The accompanying graphic complements both the words and depiction within the poem. Lovely work! Thank you for sharing, Dave...

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave W.

6 Days Ago

Thank you for the heart warming words, thank you for reading my poem.
Marie

6 Days Ago

Most welcome, dear poet...



Reviews

Home is a place where people become pillars of it, make love with emotions but not with logic they play, build the roof and rooms with their future kids. As we grew older it is being transferred to kids to take care of it. If we go wrong in selling the home itself due to our inabilities, then if you still keep your roots protecting the values given by parents then where you live and with people you love becomes your home with your loved ones who are gone around you in the dazzling star and candles of christmas.

My home was moved by me, but i made my home wherever i am in a hotel too, or a rented apartment but always with my beloved ones it never made me that i dont have home.

Though my parents left me to live my life their blessings always in my home wherever i made my home.

I am feeling sorry for the game of fate, which threw everything apart, with just one person the root of family, but he has made it the big home, but others couldnt keep it, its not just not our inability, but it reminds we are not enough tough like him to make or sustain what he gave us.

But growth is the factor, still if we claim young and novice cant take right decisions, then its becomes inability. But taking risk and going ahead proves and makes you better and older.

Thank you, it touched my heart, how much you are guving importance to home, and how much you need now. Missing home is a feeling which made me to think and broke my heart first in 2016, i really cried infront of god i dont have home, its just not place to live but it is something more which you catched now in your writings, that was my cry when i was waiting for my man all the way crossing 7 seas for him, where he was no where around me but in my heart guiding me further in the form of God.


I really miss you and your feelings.

Thanknyou, for sharing your warm cry.

Jessy Jacob.






Posted 6 Days Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dave W.

6 Days Ago

You have a great mind and thank you for your kind words, thank you for reading my poem.
You have captured the essence of home in this very lovingly penned poem. Home is anywhere our heart is happy and at peace, not necessarily the home we grew up in. Home is always warm, inviting and one can feel the love within it. I like this poem very much, Dave. The accompanying graphic complements both the words and depiction within the poem. Lovely work! Thank you for sharing, Dave...

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave W.

6 Days Ago

Thank you for the heart warming words, thank you for reading my poem.
Marie

6 Days Ago

Most welcome, dear poet...
Ain't that the truth? Before the world revealed itself and gave us all we'd ever need to be scared of.
Home for me now isn't where I was born or brought up, but somewhere far removed from the chaos of city living with a family of seven, of which I was the only one who preferred silence.
Now I live more rurally and actually prefer the "just a little longer" everything takes.
No 24 hour anything, or the noise they bring either. No alarm clock required to wake and no chaos included in life, that isn't that difficult to get to grips with, once you know there is another way to do things.
The picture used says it all.
Nicely captured.


Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave W.

1 Week Ago

I really liked this reveiw, The sentiment of slowing down stirs my heart, I have a longing for the p.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
5 Reviews
Added on October 8, 2024
Last Updated on October 8, 2024
Tags: Home, inviting, familiar

Author

Dave W.
Dave W.

Tigard, OR



About
I love to write poetry and hope that something I create will connect with someone that needs to read it more..

Writing
Isolated Isolated

A Poem by Dave W.


Lost Lost

A Poem by Dave W.