Gun Shot's

Gun Shot's

A Story by drin

In the early morning gunshots rang out. At first one or two but it escalated quickly until it sounded like there was hundreds of light machine guns shooting all at once. Of course i woke up immediately. Who wouldn’t wake up to the sound of guns being fired. I grabbed my stuff and I checked my rifle to make sure it was loaded. I ran to the tree line and started to set up my rifle. When i heard someone running towards my position I quickly grabbed my pistol and took aim. At the direction they were coming when I finally saw who it was I lowered my gun. “D****t Edward what are you doing here” “I came to tell you where the enemy commander is drin” “ well hurry up and tell me”  “he’s 100 yards behind the artillery line” “that's 1,000 yards away! Do you mistake me for a miracle worker do you?!” “ no but the general does” “ Edward tell the general that it will take me sometime to get in position” “got it drin” see u to night drinks on me” thanks edward bye” After he left I cursed like a sailor. For a while i just sat there wondering how would I do this. Before boot camp i never laid a hand on a gun heck I never even shot one before. Now I i’m going behind enemy lines and killing their commanders like it’s nothing at least that’s what everyone thinks in reality i’m scared as hell . Every morning i wake up thinking this is the last day i take a breath. But somehow not once have i took a bullet not once have i been shot at. So that’s why i think that the other members of the platoon are more heroic then i am. Of course i never told them this because they all look up at me. When i got done thinking i grabbed  my supplies and headed off towards the enemy general location i used the trees as cover. I quickly moved from tree to tree. Luck was on my side because the sun hasn’t rose fully yet when i got to the spot where Edward told me he would be a 100 yards behind the enemy artillery line. I nearly ran into an enemy soldier  i stopped immediately and ran behind a crop of trees. I quickly switched to my pistol and took aim just incase the soldier got any closer. I cursed my luck. Of course the same day that i get told that i don't have to pay for drinks i run into an enemy soldier just walking around. I quickly looked around  to see if there was anyway i could get around the enemy without getting spotted. I silently even more. I looked up  again and saw that the soldier was gone and i started to breath easier intel i heard someone c**k there gun behind me. I slowly put my gun down and raised my hands over my head. And i turned around i cursed loudly it was the soldier i saw wandering around. “F**k my life” the enemy just laughed at that. “So you're  the notaries sniper that's been  taking out are generals””maybe i am maybe i'm not the world shall never know”The enemy soldier couldn’t stop laughing at my response. While the soldier was laughing i notice that it wasn't actually a man under that helmet the soldier was a girl. I was in total shock how did a woman get into the military not only that but how did she get onto the frontlines? I never heard of a girl on the frontlines before then i realize that i seen her face before she's on the wanted posters on the wall back at headquarters. Once i finally got out of my thoughts i notice that she's been trying to get my attention. “Hey you awake buddy” “ yes i'm awake i'm just surprised that you weren't a guy” she smiled at my response. “Don't be to surprised i got to get back to my commander and report that it's all clear over here” I was surprised. “Wait you're not going to turn me into your commander?” “yep why do you seem so surprised?” I just looked at stunned at this. “ because i thought you were completely different from what i heard you were completely evil but hear you are saving my life and risking yours” “I got to get going before my commander starts wondering where i'm at you should leave to bye” When she left i just sat there quietly in disbelief that just happen. After a while i started to head back. When i got back to camp. My battoon came up to me and ask me where i've been.

© 2017 drin


Author's Note

drin
It's a work in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 9, 2017
Last Updated on February 9, 2017

Author

drin
drin

pullman washington, WA



About
im a fourteen year old guy who wants to publish his own book one day. more..

Writing
dreadnaught dreadnaught

A Story by drin