Chapter 3 - The Rileys

Chapter 3 - The Rileys

A Chapter by dreamer2413

 

Chapter Two

It was a sunny day in Arrow Hill, a cheerful sign that winter was over and spring was on its way, the trees and plants bloomed with colourful flowers as the grass grew greener by the hour. Birds were singing cheerfully as the playgrounds and parks once again filled with children’s laughter.

 

Everyone noticed the black stretch limo driving through Arrow Hill, it had golden door handles and tinted black windows. No one knew who was inside, but everyone knew they were the family moving into 13 Hotham Grove. It had the whole town talking, no one had lived in that house for fifty years, one lady had come to town and purchased it, but she never moved in. Instead, the house just sat there, dominating the hillside. Its bold black roof could be seen from twenty miles away, the white washboards were starting to rot around the edges and the silver windowsills were covered with dust, but other than that the house looked untouched.

 

The limo pulled up and came to a complete stop; the limo driver stepped out and walked around to the back door. He grabbed the shiney gold handle and opened the back door. A pair of thin legs gracefully swung out the door, and a perfectly groomed woman stepped out of the vehicle. The lady had dark brown hair, with twinges of grey poking out. She wore a purple sweater and knee high skirt with skin toned stockings and white high heels. Her white scarf was wrapped perfectly around her neck. She took a few steps towards the house and smiled.

“Oh Andrew it is perfect!” she exclaimed

A tall well-built man stepped out the vehicle; he had blonde, combed over hair and was wearing a navy blue business suit. He pulled out his black wallet and tipped the limo driver, then reached back into the limo and pulled out a black suitcase.
”Yes Jasmine my dear it is” he replied
”Children!” called Jasmine  “Come and look at your new home!”

Two little girls came skipping out of the limo, they looked almost identical, one wore a little blue dress and blue shoes with a ribbon to match, the other wore the same outfit but in pink. Both wore white headbands to hold back their bouncy light brown hair and around their necks was a tiny locket with the letter K engraved in the centre.
”Kattie and Kelsey, you are twelve years old, you mustn’t skip, you must walk, gracefully”
”Yes mother” the twins replied

The next to exit the limo was a tall athletic male, he looked about 16 years old and had a blonde comb over like his father. He wore a red sweatshirt with perfectly cut jeans, tucked tightly under his right arm was a football.
”Take a good look son,” said Andrew “This town is going to be your future, the football scholarship program here is outstanding. Everyone will know your name in no time”
”Where are am I going to practise in this dump?” replied the son
”Michael! Don’t talk like that, ‘dump’ is not an appropriate word for a gentleman to use” interrupted Jasmine
”Don’t worry Mike” said the dad “We will build you a practise field in the backyard, hows that?”
Mike sighed ungratefully and stood by his two sisters Kattie and Kelsey.

Another two children stepped out of the limo, one a tall blonde female with blue eyes wearing a white dress with a pale blue overcoat, the other a 14 year old boy with dark brown curly hair wearing a bright yellow shirt and jeans.
”Samuel honestly, you couldn’t have dressed a bit better?” Jasmine insulted.
Samuel looked to the ground and went and stood with his siblings.
”Skye my dear, you can have the biggest bedroom, you will need more space for all your study”
”Thank you mother” nodded Skye
”Were is Jack?!”
”Jasmine relax” said Andrew

The last of the children stepped out of the limo, he was tall and well built, he had brown scruffy hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a blue button up shirt and jeans; he was holding the youngest of his siblings on his hip. She was only five years old, she had brown curly hair and she wore a rainbow coloured dress.
”Jack put Leah down, she can walk herself” said Jasmine
”She’s tired from the car trip mother” replied Jack
”Well so is everyone else”
”Everyone else isn’t five”
”Don’t you backchat me”
”Whatever”
Jack carried Leah inside.

“Look mother” called Skye “The moving van is here”
”Finally!” snapped Jasmine
”What’s the other car for?” pointed out Samuel
”What other car?” asked Jasmine
She turned around; a blue BMW convertible had pulled up in the driveway, the short stumpy man hopped out of his car with his suitcase tightly clenched in his left hand.
”Mrs Riley I assume” said the man “My name is Mr Riva, I am a lawyer from the Minister’s district, I am afraid I bare some bad news”
”What could that be” asked Jasmine
”Due to some confusing circumstances, this property of 13 Hotham Grove has been signed to two different families”
”Get to the point Mr Riva”
”The previous owner of this property Georgia Hamilton, signed over this house to her granddaughter before she died, The paperwork was not finalised until the lady’s will presentation a week ago. This was the same day your husband purchased this house”
”Are you trying to tell me we have leave?” snapped Jasmine “Do you have any idea who I am?”
”Yes ma’am I do, the Minister has ordered both parties attend arbitration this afternoon so an agreement can be settled”
”To hell with that! We bought this property fair and square, we will not be leaving”
”Unfortunately the Minister’s orders are final ma’am, should you not attend arbitration the property will be given to the other party.”

“This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!”
”I understand your frustration Mrs Riley, and what I’m about to tell you will not make you any more pleased”
Jasmine glared at Mr Riva
”All the paperwork for this house is in your husbands name, therefore he will be there one needing to attend arbitration, you will not be aloud to be present.”
Jasmine’s eyes filled with rage
”ANDREW!” she shouted as she stormed off into the house.



© 2008 dreamer2413


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on December 30, 2008


Author

dreamer2413
dreamer2413

Melbourne, Australia



About
Im 18 years old and i love writing. I have been working on a book for about a year now and ive just begun my first official draft, so please reveiw my story and let me know what you think needs to be .. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by dreamer2413