Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by dreamer2413

 

October 19 1959
 
It was a cold night. Rain belted down from a black sky as hailstones crashed onto the rooftops of Arrow Hill. It was silent, the whole town stood still as they watched the late news from their living rooms.
 
“Tragedy has stuck Arrow Hill this evening” began the reporter “As a family dear to many hearts has sadly been murdered.”
 
The reporter took a deep breath.
 
“The Basildon’s were found dead in their home at precisely 10:04 this evening when police came to investigate an unusual scream reported by the neighbours. Although the exact cause of death is yet to be confirmed, it is speculation that Juliet and three of her children had jumped from the third floor to avoid the same fate as the well-known father of the house, Charleston Basildon, who was stabbed several times in his library chair. The bodies of Charleston, Juliet and their three eldest children William, Elizabeth and Edgar have all been identified by on site detectives and are being taken to the Arrow Hill Morgue at the Central Hospital to run more tests. The body of the youngest daughter Anya is yet to be found. Detective Burling with more of the story.
 
“Yes well what has happened here is indeed a tragic but intriguing mystery” began Detective Burling “Police officers have searched the premises and have found no trace of a murder weapon nor any form of evidence to link this attack to any suspects. Some officers have gone around to near by homes to ask the local citizens if they heard or saw any strange behaviour but at this stage dead bodies is all we have to go on. We still have one body unaccounted for which is the youngest daughter Anya, we are unsure if she was in the house at the time of the attack or weather she managed to escape, our only hope is that we do find her alive and well. I am confident that we will solve this case, the cities finest are working together to solve it and who ever did this will be behind bars for a very long time.”
 
“Thank you Detective Burling” said the reporter “Our hearts will be in mourning as we say goodbye to one of Arrow Hill’s most beloved families and may our prayers and love be sent out to Anya who we hope to find alive.”


© 2008 dreamer2413


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on December 30, 2008


Author

dreamer2413
dreamer2413

Melbourne, Australia



About
Im 18 years old and i love writing. I have been working on a book for about a year now and ive just begun my first official draft, so please reveiw my story and let me know what you think needs to be .. more..

Writing