Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by DR Bassham
"

While in the previously undiscovered valley, both brother and sister have to keep on the move in order to both stay alive and come closer to solving a local mystery.

"

     Four sets of claws dug into the tree limb high up in the forest canopy. The Great Tiger could taste the abhorent musk of the Shadow in the air as it traveled nearer and nearer to the base of Jagged Peak Mountain. Foam appeared at the side of the gigantic mouth as it thought of it's enemy.

     The animal stretched it's great bulk and tasted the air once again through mouth and nostrils. The stench from the Shadow was still there as was a hundred other different scents that the wind carried, two of which were the two strangers it was following.

     It looked down from the highest branches of the tall redwoods and spotted the U shaped rock where behind it, the animals keen green eyes could still see across the desert in the low faint resolution of the early morning. The tall tree vibrated as the Great Tiger growled threateningly, detecting yet another foreign smell. The green eyes narrowed as the animal realized there was another stranger nearby, as was the shadowed killer....



© 2012 DR Bassham


Author's Note

DR Bassham
This is the second book of five in the "Mysteries" book series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012
Tags: ocean, brother, sister, tiger, beast, bow, sword


Author

DR Bassham
DR Bassham

ID



About
I am an amatuer novelist with his first novel self-published on www.blurb.com. Questions and comments can be sent to the book's email address, . I enjoy the world of writing and the freedom it gives .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by DR Bassham