Note to self: Listen to the Spirit

Note to self: Listen to the Spirit

A Story by Diahnna C. Peairson
"

This isn't so much a story but a random writing of my thoughts on a particular subject.

"

So I've been dealing with some crazy tough issues these past few months.  I feel like my emotions have been ravaged by wolves....or perhaps demons.   Well, there occured to me over the past several days a very interesting theory (and one commonly shared among those of us who love the Lord....though I must have misplaced it until recently).  Sometimes we go through things, even things that are not our own, and it seems like others who are in some way dealing with the same issues are not having the same difficulty adjusting to such life altering circumstances.  When I think about those times, I notice a pattern.  Usually, I have wrapped my mind around the issue and have in a sense 'come to terms' with situation at hand.  As if to say, "Okay, this is how things are and now I am just going to deal with it."  But, the battle taking place is never in my mind.  It's always in my heart.  See years ago, I made a decision to give my heart away.  I gave it to God.  And in return, He gave me the Holy Spirit.  When I am faced with tough issues, and especially issues of the heart, it is the Holy Spirit I am to look to for guidance and direction.  And when my mind and the Holy Spirit don't agree....well that's what makes things uncomfortable and down right hard to get through.  See, things can seem so easy when someone else is having to deal with it, especially when it's those who don't have the Holy Spirit pushing them in the right direction.  Because, if I didn't have the Spirit (which is literally God dwelling in me), I wouldn't have anyone to answer to.  I would be my own boss, do things my way.  By nature, I am a sinner.  And what I want as a sinner is often hard to let go of.  It's easy to forget that when I am confused and hurting, it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am not letting the Spirit guide me.  I am just taking things at face value, because "That's just the way things are."  But that's not just the way things are.  Things can change.  The Spirit changes things.  But I have to make the choice to let God make the change in me.  When I make that decision, my heart is changed, and therefore my circumstances change.  God never give us more than we can handle.  But we are still human, still sinners, and still make mistakes.  It's learning to change our thoughts and let the Spirit control our hearts so that the mind and the heart agree  that makes us more like Christ.  Gives us much to think about, doesn't it?

© 2009 Diahnna C. Peairson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on February 18, 2009
Last Updated on February 18, 2009

Author

Diahnna C. Peairson
Diahnna C. Peairson

Deer Park, TX



About
My name is Diahnna. I am 24. I just want to share my writing. more..

Writing