My surreptitious relationship. Part 2

My surreptitious relationship. Part 2

A Story by Doreen

I went to Los Angeles for a holiday in March. Within days he was offering to pay for my flight home because he wanted me to go to Hong Kong with him. I buckled and rebooked my twenty hour flight back. He showed up at the airport with Starbucks and flowers, took my luggage and opened the door of the taxi for me. We got some sleep and flew later to Hong Kong. It was pretty exciting. To return from Los Angeles for less than twenty four hours and be on a Singapore Airlines flight with the man that I think I'm falling in love with.
He taught me how to play Scrabble. Today I've become so good at it that I kick his a*s almost every time. He'd be sore about it, and to be honest I'd sometimes let him win.
Anyway, that trip didn't turn out so well. I had came home early only to be by myself in the hotel while he went to work and dinner with colleagues. He was gone ten am until after midnight. Put some money on the dresser so I could go shopping. But wtf did I want the money for. I want his time, I didn't want a busy man.

He took me overseas again, Phuket this time. We stayed at one of the most expensive rooms in one of the most expensive hotels, on Surin Beach- Twin Palms. It was a modern penthouse. I walked in and thought, "None of my exes had ever been able to afford this.."
The first floor was just a living area with a bar top and a dining area. He took my hand and led me upstairs. It was a big bedroom and there was a bathtub in front of the dressers. It was living at its grandest. Then, he took me to the third floor and I was truly dumbfounded. There was a private pool, brown straw sunbathing chairs, and a cushioned sitting area. 
Then he took out a stash of grass.
I thought I was going to marry him there. It was flawless.

He showed me 'a video his sister made for his birthday. There was footage of his mother whom he loved so much he gave up his dream of film school because he wanted to take care of her after she fell sick, and he just couldn't do both at the same time. He always teared watching that video. He showed it to me and..I don't know, I just wanted to love him forever. Yes, forever.

But things have changed now. Really, there's not much to say.. He's still sweet, bought a sunflower for me a couple of weeks ago. He'd cook dinner sometimes. Small things.

He's broken, but I know deep down he can love. He's loved before. He rescued his two cats when they were helpless and too young to survive, he had come home from work during lunch hour just to feed them formula milk. For weeks.

I've gotten much less than what I wanted really. Two years later it is a fucked up relationship. We don't have sex, we don't go out, we don't know each other's friends, we've never met each other's family. Everything is behind closed doors. 
I don't know for how long more I can last, loving someone who can never give me enough.


All because he's twenty four years older than I am.

© 2013 Doreen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is a man most women would kill for.

I think it also depends on how old you are and what you really want. You sound pretty materialistic to me, so I think a man who can give you things would be ideal. But if you want excitement too, maybe you just can't have it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Doreen

11 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to review!
There's something very bittersweet and meaningful in here, but by the end the reader begins to question it a little. Two years being involved in this manner and they haven't progressed beyond the state they were in when their relationship first started, more or less? I suppose it's always possible, and you may have been making a statement about the mutability of these kinds of things, but it's a little bit of a stretch of the imagination.
The very end is good, however, and there's a whole untold story in that last line, which is clever - don't tell the reader, let them figure it out on their own. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Doreen

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing! It's a true story :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013

Author

Doreen
Doreen

About
Just here to write and read. Feel free to critique! more..

Writing
Honey bunny Honey bunny

A Story by Doreen