n/a

n/a

A Story by flawlessimperfections
"

just blubbering...

"

Chapter 1: March 21st, 2008

  I sat in the dark, waiting for the light to once again slip through the cracks. I heard his footsteps through the cold, stone walls. They got louder and i decided to retreat to my corner, to make it seem i was there the whole time. The door screeched open due to the old rusty hinges that supported a heavy slab of rock. My eyes adjusted to the sudden burst of light.

 All i saw was his tall, bulky silhouette, and three other girls pass by behind him. He stared at me and made an up gesture with the rifle in his hand, pointed at me as all other days. Quickly he moved on to the next awakening without a word. He never spoke. I stood shaking, malnourishment affecting my body from the last two absent meals.

 My small, naked feet slapped against the linoleum, sticking to the freshly waxed surface. The single file line we formed resembled flawlessly our ordered programming. Every step, every breath, every move we made was in perfect rhythm. It always had, and always would be. I, however, was like that by choice.

Chapter 2: April 14th, 2007

 I slipped through the thick gate composed of black, iron bars 3 inches in width. At 125 lbs and 5'6 in height, it was an easy task. I had come from a tattoo shop, where i had 10 numbers inscribed on the back of my neck. 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21, more commonly known as the Fibonacci sequence. All captives of this certain illegal factory possessed it.

 I realized how formidable getting in undetected would be, but i had to do it. I dug in my duffel pulling out an infrared flashlight. Pointing it at the surveillance camera, i flicked it on. I planted it in the ground so the beam stuck to the lense of the feed. At this time there was no turning back, no giving up, and no way i could let myself get caught.

 Making my way up the gravel driveway, I tried tip-toeing, not making any effect. I took off my shoes. Much better. Said the tiny voice in my head. The voice that told me almost everything. The voice that made my choices, and convinced me that those choices were the right ones.

 I approached the intercom, remaining quiet as possible, as the slightest sound could alarm the guard. I felt my heart pulse in the best of my torso. I began to take a step, heel to toe. I stopped myself. My heel laid against a hard, round piece of rock. I lifted it and repeated the routine backwards- toe first.

  The tip of my toe grazed against the surface of another rock. I let my weight rest on my entire foot as i slowly let it down. My next stride would have to be longer if i wanted to get anywhere quickly. I lifted my left foot, testing my balance. I didn't last too long and had to set down my foot suddenly-unfortunately on a relatively sharp rock, causing my to cry out. Crap.

 

...to be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 flawlessimperfections


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you.
i understand you know what youre talking about so please, keep reviewing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's an interesting piece. I would put more emphasis on the dates if you want people to realize that chapter 2 happens after chapter 1. People tend to skip over things like that when they read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 16, 2009
Last Updated on March 18, 2009

Author

flawlessimperfections
flawlessimperfections

About
Charlotte Demi, I only use my full name when ending a letter and introducing myself. In this case, "hello, and you are?" I live in Florida, and i speak fluent French & English. Msg me, tell me who.. more..