Summer

Summer

A Poem by Emily
"

Well,just about all the things I like about summer.

"
Oh, how joyous the sun
Freed from a cloudy day
Caressing my soul

Soft steps and deep waves
Cold to the bone
It feels so good
Rush,rush
Powerful peace

Lounging in a familiar place
Although it's not "home"
A beautiful place to be
In body and in heart

3 months or 4
All we need
Is a Summer

© 2011 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I pondered this poem for two days. To my way of thinking this poem speaks of serenity of inner being. I likened “Freed from a cloudy day” to the release of shackles on ones pneuma. Your line “caressing my soul” paints a beautiful word picture of a gentle and lovingly sensation that is breathed and blown.
The placement of this vital spirits promenade on a beach in sand and surf is perfect; it whispers peace while speaking volumes. I loved the line “Lounging in a familiar place”, It points to a wise creation that has the understanding that we need to have that secret, special place to rejuvenate our being. A very powerful and moving poem, thank you!

Blessings, Laughing-Bear



Posted 13 Years Ago


How i love the thoughts of summer your writing brings to life. This is gentle and warming... lifting one from the cold that has covered the world for months now... I'm ready...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2011

Author

Emily
Emily

CA



About
Hey, I'm Emily. I go to Los Angeles Valley College, and I write poetry and some short stories. In my free time, I draw, play video games, and play with my dogs Zeke and Roscoe. Zeke is a Great Dane/Bo.. more..

Writing
The Clash The Clash

A Story by Emily


Faye Faye

A Story by Emily