Undefined

Undefined

A Poem by Derek Nall
"

Unseen beauty...older random writing

"
I want to give the world some drums, the beating heart inside my lungs, reach out.
Grab an earthquake of heartache, it’s a simple thing that the taste buds can't shake.

Lets find the extraordinary in the ordinary...Or be lost, the freak, if you want it try to take it…or be the loose string drifting from the frayed edge of your childhood blanket.

There's not enough time to fake it, believe me these walls would tell you what I've wasted. Because what you get is really what you see, don’t hesitate on epiphany's or you’ll lose…be the dust that’s never dusted, collecting regrets from the words you wouldn't touch. 

Could you give me the time? 
Could you get by with mine? 
Have you ever felt a rainbow? 
Could it paint your nails purple? 
Could it bleed your favorite color?
Could it paint the pictures between us? 
The cells in your skin sending signals to my perception, who needs a garden of flowers? The power is right beneath us, between us, I'm a student and your heart is the teacher...and...

I'm listening...when she fell all I saw were the clouds…and the heartbreak slipped under the door. My fingers were to big to reach it.
It shakes me awake
But I'm still sleeping
And the thought crumbles, before the day has begun.

© 2013 Derek Nall


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting concept. The first couple of lines were almost lyrical in nature...I read them and then read them again out loud; beautiful.

"There's not enough time to fake it, believe me these walls would tell you what I've wasted." --what a powerful line. I understand these words; feel these words. My own walls could tell tales, and if our walls could talk to one another I'm sure they would have similar stories. Well done. I like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: Beauty, lost, random

Author

Derek Nall
Derek Nall

Colorado Springs, CO



About
Just a simple guy who likes to put thoughts into paper planes, let them fly and make words rain...hoping to find a spot into your heart. more..

Writing
Drowned Drowned

A Poem by Derek Nall


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by Derek Nall