There is never Forever: Chapter 3

There is never Forever: Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dea Machely
"

What do you mean by a true friendship?

"

             When I got home, I slammed the door shut. “Honey, is that you?” My mom got out of her room and peeked over to see if it was me. “Honey, we’ve talked about this. Do not slam the door. You’ve broken a door last summer, and if you break another one, I’m reducing your allowance money—” I did not reply and walked past her. As I was about to close my bedroom door, she yelled, “DANIELLE ADJEMOVICH! Your mom is talking to you. You better not ignore it.” But as she came closer to me, and saw the marks of tears on my face, she became worried. “Dan... what happen?” she asked anxiously, “are you hurt?”

            “Nothing mom, I just caught something in my eyes.” I lied.

            “But, hon—” As she was about to open her mouth to say another word, I scowled.

“Mom, could you not make a big fuss about this for just once? I am really tired.” I gasped.

            “Fine,” she sighed. “Get some rest. Your dinner will be ready in two hours.” She grimaced.

           

            I threw myself on the bed and started to day-dream, just to try to distract myself from remembering the embarrassment I felt at the cafeteria. But then I decided to go on the computer to check my email. And there was one email from Josh.

 

[email protected]

 

Hey Danielle, it’s Josh. How are you? Hope you

feel better. I’m so sorry about what happened.

I’m sorry that you didn’t get good impressions

on you first day of school. But don’t worry

it isn’t that bad. You’ll make more friends

soon! Trust me. You will. And one more thing.

Reputations do not matter in friendship.

True friends don’t judge you based on

popularity. They like you, the way you are.

So don’t think about it too much, okay?

See you in French class tomorrow. Bye.

 

 

            Speechless... I thought, as I tried to find the right words to reply his email. He actually understood how I felt that day...apparently.

Oh... my god.” I stuttered. The things he wrote on the email he sent me were very true! The fact that I wanted my first day to be perfect, was one of the reason I cried yesterday. And that I want things to go the way I planned, but I realize that it will not always work. I told myself that everything’s going to be just fine, tomorrow. Everybody might have already forgotten that incident. I mean, why did I even have to worry so much about it? It was just an accident.

“Oh geez, how dumb I was to think too much of my reputations. I just have to show them who I really am, and just be me...” I snapped.

“Just... like Josh said...” I stuttered; was able to choke out the words finally.

            There was a knock at the door and I know it was my mother, “Honey, are you awake yet? Dinner’s ready. Wash your face and come down, alright?”

            “Yes, mom. I’ll be downstairs in five minutes!” I yelled.

 

            As I went downstairs, I caught a feeling of a steadfast gaze from my mom.

            “So what was that?” She asked, trying to sound unperturbed.

            “What was what?” I pretended not knowing what she was asking.

            “Those teary eyes I saw this afternoon...” she grimaced. There was a pause. I tried to think of a not obvious lies to answer the question. I turned to look at her. She stopped eating and looked intently at me; waiting for my answer.

            Mom, I’ve told you that I caught something in my eyes!” I shrieked.

            After I finished eating, I went straight to my room without kissing my mom goodnight on the cheeks, like I always did.

 

            I lay on the bed reading the Go girl magazine that I bought last weekend. After a moment, there was a knock at the door. “Dan, can we have a talk?” my mom asked.

            I stiffened, “Um... yeah, sure.” She sat at the edge of the bed beside me and gave a firm look at me, as if she was able to read through my mind.  

            “Honey... I want you to know that you can share anything and everything to me...” she said sincerely. “Well, I am your mother but I can be your best friend as well...”

            I rolled my eyes, “Look, mom—”

            “No, you look Dan...” She cuts when I was about to clearly explain why I was being cold to her today. “I’m trying to help you, so that you don’t have to carry all of these burdens you have inside...” I bent my head down, unable to utter my feelings to her. My heart feels heavy whenever she said these things all of a sudden. But at that moment my mom brushed my cheek and through my hair with her mellifluous hand, which was very soothing...

            “I’m sorry, mom.” I muttered. Tears poured down my cheeks, but my mom wiped it out immediately when she saw it..

            “Don’t worry, honey. It will be fine... Just fine.” She pulled me towards her and wrapped her skinny arms around me.

 

 

 

            I learnt one lesson from that night, the fact of having a mother who was always curious on anything you do, and wants to know everything, is not that bad... even if it gets to your nerves at times, but they will always be there to help on any problems you have, no matter how awful it was...



© 2009 Dea Machely


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on March 28, 2009
Last Updated on March 28, 2009


Author

Dea Machely
Dea Machely

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia



About
A girl that has an exterior structure that looks happy and healthy but behind it lies more pain than you can imagine... more..

Writing