There is never Forever: Chapter 2

There is never Forever: Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dea Machely
"

Cafeteria Disaster!

"

 

            As I stepped inside the cafeteria, there was a long line of students waiting to get their meals and I was overwhelmed about how big those kids were. So I stand behind the line and thought that this would take forever.

            In the mean time, I looked around to see whether or not there is still an empty seat and I caught Josh, with Rebecca sitting beside him and some other boys from the basketball club. It seems like to me that Josh and Rebecca were quiet close... I wonder if they are... or have been...

            The thoughts of it made me jealous all of a sudden and I was actually hoping they weren’t. But why do I even care? Well yeah, the fact that Josh’s one of the popular kids in our school and has a decent look; he’s the type of a guy who can make every girl’s worlds upside down. So, who wouldn’t want to go out with him? I swear people like Josh and Rebecca are genetically programmed to find each other, so it isn’t worth a time for me to even try— “Ugh!” I snarled. What the hell was i thinking, I thought.  I grabbed a hotdog and a soda, still looking for an empty seat. In spite the fact that people were staring at me, goosebumps started to run down my spine. I walked around the cafeteria with my head down a little bit, avoiding those eyes that were following me as I walked. “Aaahh,” I slightly screamed as I staggered down the floor. I figured out that I stepped on a caution-slippery-floor, because it was being mopped. I heard people giggling and some were even laughing hysterically. I heard some girl said ohmygod-she-is-so-clumsy and a guy said ouch-nice-move-chicka. My cheeks were turning terribly hot red.

            “Hey, you okay?” Josh asks concerned, while giving me a hand to help me stand. He led the way to his table, where Rebecca was sitting; still holding my hand on the way. I sat across from him, with my head down. I tried not to cry in front of him and in front of everyone else. Danielle it’s going to be alright...  

            “Thank you,” I said to Josh with a shaky voice.

            “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asks while looking at me concerned. I could feel Rebecca was staring at me. I wanted to look at his eyes while I talk, but I just couldn’t. My eye pockets were almost overflowed with tears but I was able to hold it back for a minute.

            I immediately excused myself to go to the bathroom and started to sob. I sat down on the floor, burying my face in my hands, “How can my first day of school be any worse?!” I grunted; still crying. The tears of embarrassment poured down my cheeks and to my lips and I could taste the salt flavor of it. I felt hopeless, that I won’t be able to make this through. I calmed myself and thought that the tears weren’t worth of wasting just because of a stupid thing that happened, and that is now ruined my face.

            As soon as I got out of the bathroom, I saw Josh walked towards my direction. I lowered my head so that he won’t notice that I’d been crying. He speeds up his pace and soon, he was right in front of me.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked anxiously, but I did not reply. “Danielle, come on! Tell me.”

            “No...Nothing I’m fine.” I lied, unable to utter my feelings. “Just fine...”               

            “Oh god, did you cry?” he asked surprised. “Your eyes are swollen!” And again, I didn’t reply. “Danielle, forget what happened at the cafeteria,” he wrapped his arm around me. “Most of the kids here are just a bunch of wusses! They—”

            “I said I’m fine, okay!” I retorted before he could even finish what he was about to say. I walked past him and left for my next period without looking back, but I could feel his eyes watching as I left. It was excruciating.

 



© 2009 Dea Machely


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ahh :D moree!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on March 27, 2009
Last Updated on March 28, 2009


Author

Dea Machely
Dea Machely

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia



About
A girl that has an exterior structure that looks happy and healthy but behind it lies more pain than you can imagine... more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Dea Machely