Enlightening Haze

Enlightening Haze

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Staring out the windshield

In the midst of this storm

I need no wiper blades

For the world looks saner

Through the blurry watertrails.

It is funny how peaceful

The world looks

When you can’t see straight.

It’s no wonder I need a drink.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this....it really is a sad truth of the world for many of us today. It's no wonder one of the industries still making money in this desperate economy are the liquor stores/companies...;) I write this as I take a swig of beer....Sometimes the reality is just too much to handle and better taken in dimmed out and blurred little. Very nicely expressed here, Dale.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved this, even though its short and simple, i can really see the deeper meaning, great work.


Posted 13 Years Ago


The brevity works well here for the kind of sardonic wit. Sometimes a bit of blurr blunts the cold hard reality we all need a respite from.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree, written well and with a wonderful sense of humor

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love how this came out...sad, but you so fitting the way you entwined it all. sometimes days reality strikes...you did this with humor and skill...excellent!

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is a wondrously twisting view of life here, seen through the windshield and through fatigued eyes as well. Storms within and without can do that to you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Rain and storm sometimes unsettles the mind as does alcohol, but there are times when it is comforting, especially when you are snug in a warm house...or your bed. Nothing like rain on the roof or the warmth of brandy...a lullaby of sorts me thinks.
Your analogy to alcohol is interesting Dale, I guess both kill reality.
Your humor was not overlooked either...

Posted 13 Years Ago


A sad world when it looks better through blurry eyes...a poem with much meaning, and humor, too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was great! loved the ending too. definitely explains why everytime it rains i feel the need to have a drink. great rhyming too. cant wait to read more. miss reading your work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


yes indeedy~ the sideways tilts always present a much more serene version of the world~ lovely meditative puzzle poetic~

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

519 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing