Number One

Number One

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

I’ve been lucky

To have a childhood

With a complete home

Everyone healthy

As us kids became adults.

 

I’ve been blessed

With four best friends

That started in grade school

And to this day

Remains so strong.

 

I’ve been fortunate

To have made many

Other friends,

Some very special

But all of them are great.

 

I’ve had the pleasure

To rock the stage

Playing my music

In front of thousands

With electrifying results.

 

I’ve been honored

To be there for anyone

Who has needed a hand

Laving some happy faces

Along the way.

 

I’ve had to pleasure

To travel around

And see half of this

Great country of ours

Soaking up the cultures.

 

I’ve been fortunate

To have the affections

Of some wonderful ladies

Even when I didn’t think

I deserved it.

 

Still there is one thing

I’ve never done

Despite all my living,

Adventures and pitfalls...

 

Being number one

In someone’s heart.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awww! that is so, What was that? Talk about blowing a wad...lol. You where doing so well. I bet you have been number one in many a woman's heart, it just wasn't right for you at the time. How old are you? Just kidding.
It seems to me that you have a wonderful life with lots to look forward to also. All your p's and q's in order. You know what end is up. That is all great, and you know it will only get better. You just need to shed that tiny bit of lonliness you got going on. But everybody has that.
PS when you do become that number one in someone's heart, don't forget, number one is real close to number two. Does that make it better? Keep up the good work. Thinking of you.
Linda

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awwww this is so touching. It kind of reminds me of that Britney Spears song "Lucky." All of the money and fame cannot compare to having that special someone in your life. It fails at every measure. I can definately relate to this piece (and you know why). I've accomplished so much in the 21 years I have been on this earth. But I have yet to find my prince charming... ok, let me stop myself beofre I get all mushy :) Excellent poem. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Somehow I don't think this is autobiographical. Can't believe you've never been number one. Just doesn't seem possible. I really liked this. I think we all have so much to be grateful for and don't stop to think about what they are. (I don't know you at all, but you seem like a wonderful man through your writing and I just meant I'm suprised somebody hadn't snapped you up.)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's refreshing to see a piece full of gratitude alongside painful truths of the heart. I know how it feels, you can give the best of yourself to someone... all of your love, but if they don't want to open a closed heart they loose a chance to experience the truths of love. Hang in there you'll find your "spirit twin"! ~ Jude :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a beautiful piece. The places you have been, the things you have done, and what you have felt all rolled into one telling piece. I like that the end suggests two things. Your journey is not yet over, and that you have still not found a love so longed for.

There is someone out there for you, and if your heart and soul is as beautiful as your poetry suggests... You will find her. Well penned. I liked this piece.
xox
Cherri

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awwww, Dale.

Mannnn, I'm speechless.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It never matters how much you do or how much you feel, if you don't have someone special to share it all with it never seems as good. This piece is great but sad. The flow was done well and it was easy to read. I hope you find your special someone someday soon so you can share all of your occomplishments, hopes, dreams, and nights and days with them and have life be even better.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

..........sigh..............

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ah.
so you strive to be "Numero Uno"?
i like that you've portrayed doing a lot of things
but i cant help but wonder why you would strive for first place in a a race you cant win?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the structure of this poem. The gratitude for all that you have, but the recognition of that one hole. But I'm sure with all that you've accomplished you didn't have as much time to devote to the matters of the heart, but maybe now you're ready, too. It's never too late. I know you didn't write this for my life analysis, and we're supposed to stick to literary analysis....so the poem is lovely and the chronological structure works really well because it seems natural when someone is taking stock of life. I also love the way all the stanzas that detail your accomplishments are written in passive form. It shows a certain humbleness that is endearing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I was so happy to read all the wonderful things you've experienced, then your last stanza knocked the winds right out of my sails....sniffle :(

I love the honest way you write - hang in there - she may be right around the next corner !

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

470 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Summer Dreams Summer Dreams

A Poem by Kelley