Comedy Or Tragedy

Comedy Or Tragedy

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

A rant about the stupid media attention stars get

"

 Starving for perfection

To claim that perfect role

Or sell out the show

And your stomach cries out

Entertainment or death!

Influential youth mimics

Thinking trends are cool.

Now the girls look like

Stick figures I drew

When I was their age.

Can’t you see that bone ain’t sexy,

Chriss Angel please bring Marilyn back to life!!”

 

Treating your kids

Like Raggedy Ann and Andy

Probably even throw’em

In a toy box at night.

Slung under your arm

Like the latest fashion accessory.

Seat belts are optional

As long as the photographers follow,

Did you forget you gave them names?

 

Money flows from

Hard working fans that adore

And all you can spend it on is blow.

Then you whine and blame the fame

On the stress of the spotlight,

Then step away and get a real job.

When will you get it through

Your eccentric skull

That doing lines is not

            THE GLAMOROUS LIFE

But a one way ticket to death.

 

Useless wars tread on

Homeless wander the streets

Children dying over a dollar

And what is THE HEADLINE for today

A dumb blonde can’t find her panties.

 

Who gives a f**k?

 

Focus people… for God’s sake

We elected an idiot President*

Cause we’re to wrapped up

In this electric circus to understand... HUMANITY, remember  that?

 

Sometimes I just have to laugh

            Although in reality there’s nothing funny about it!!

 

 

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
*Just remember when i wrote this Bush was in office and who I was referring too, i am happy with Obama being elected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I will jump on the bandwagon here with you! Your expressions and feeling show quite nicely through your precisional piece here. I agree with all points on board. It wasn't too hard for the terrorists to train in the US when we all let our guard down and were watching some stupid TV show. It used to be where people got involved in their community. Now it's seeing who's on the front page at the grocery store check out. Excellent points and writing here. When is everyone going to wake up? Your writing begs for it. Good stuff here!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

yes i just love this writing my friend ..i like some of hollywood movies ..but the things i hear about some of the movie stars
like Nicole Kidman has bought a few acres on the moon as an investment..it really makes me laugh..till now at this age and i have a degree..i dont own any land to build myself a home..how funny it is..but she is the great star and very different
and there are so many others who have some land too on the moon..how funny
i liked what you said about the homeless children not having a dollar ,living on the streets
and the headlines of today about a blonde who cant find her panties ..ha ha ,what a joke
yes lets talk about humanity for a change..ha ha,and the few wars here and there and some few millions killed
it does not make good news ..no i do not think ..or the thousands that out of last war now living under the beautiful icy sky
enjoying the scenery and shaking in every bone for its too cold and have no roof to protect them..no that will not make good news either..
wonderful write my friend i can not but thank for the great feelings with which this was written
wonderful write my friend

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very creative and entertaining! I can't point to what I enjoyed most
the frustration or the comedy!
Very good points, and I love the idea of Criss Angel bringing Marilyn back.
A lot of hidden sarcasm and funny metaphors even from the first line!
You say what I know a lot of non-Hollywood types are saying all the time..

"Money flows from
Hard working fans that adore
And all you can spend it on is blow.
Then you whine and blame the fame
On the stress of the spotlight"

Great write Cowboy.....


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ooo i like this one. such truth. my favorite stanzas being 2 & 4. but the entire poem is dark, angry, & overall sad. this is what society has come to and we keep feeding the obsession (well not me, or probably you, but the general population). we're a nation that feeds on the downfall of others, especially when they were once big, we watch them fall. people are famous for god knows what & making millions while the rest of us are barely making ends meet. who's prettier, who's thinner, who's sexier, who's bonking who, who cares. i don't. but alas, this is our country. a sad and truthful write indeed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My gosh with this you overdone yourself. Great messages. I cannot rate (technically impossible) with this old blackberry but i d give 100%

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an awesome piece! Totally agree that the way celebs are worshiped in this counrty for wasting away their wealth and fame instead doing some good with it, its all rediculous! Thanks for featuring this one so it was brought to my attention, being new to it all :) Inspiring and funny, I love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow - this is an older write of yours. So glad you brought it back so I could enjoy it! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was about to take you on, regarding the President..............smile.

I love this write, Dale. It is so freakin true.

Just Friday I helped a girl get help who is anorexic. Sigh.........

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So much better than mine! So power and personal. I'm happy bush is not in office anymore to!
Love the was you bold and make the important pieces catch our eyes. Very well plan out and brilliant!

Much love n respect,
Anna
I love this, so happy you sent this to me!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Treating your kids
Like Raggedy Ann and Andy
Probably even throw'em
In a toy box at night.

I loved these lines here

And what is THE HEADLINE for today
"A dumb blonde can't find her panties."

LOL at these lines, This write is so freaking true, awesome write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


amen, brother. Every piece of my soul wants to act..... but I sure don't want any fame. Can you imagine paparattzi following you around and trying to get a picture of your undies as you slip out of a car in a dress?
I must confess I do read about some.... mostly out of boredom at work, and some actors I really respect and find interesting. But here in America the Actors are like the Royalty oversees. I don't want to know that Britney smoked in front of her son, but I can't bear to read real news either. It's too f*****g depressing and I'm too powerless....or perhaps that's my copout for not being an activist...but as you know... I sort of have my hands full at home. Excellent piece, I definitely agree.
At my last job that's all the office gals would talk about.... the celebrities and what they were up to. I just liked to look at the pictures because I like pretty things.... but I know I'm wrong and hypocritical, because I wouldn't want unauthorized photos of me spread around.
You know... I think it was ....... not Paul Newman..... maybe Robert Redford who was fighting for legislature to own our images, giving no one the right to take photos of celebs without permission. What pisses me off the most... is the animals who make big bucks by invading peoples privacies. Just because people are in the spotlight on screen or stage does not mean they desire to be in the spotlight 24/7.
I so love you taking on all these topics that have meaning. You rock.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2065 Views
73 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 2, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..