The Search for the Church of Tomorrow Morning’s Do-Gooders

The Search for the Church of Tomorrow Morning’s Do-Gooders

A Chapter by Teddy Westley Graham
"

Teddy goes in search for a church and gets lost. Sweets helps him find his way.

"

Teddy Graham A.K.A Secret Agent Double Stuffed Animal got a top secret mission. He had to find a hidden away church no one had heard of or seen. The mission would be difficult but Teddy knew he could do it. Before heading out Teddy called his not-so-secret love and best friend, Communications Officer Sweets Divine, for back up. Teddy was madly in love with Sweets and everyone knew it. But Sweets didn’t feel the same… Okay maybe she did a little.

 

Speaking with Sweets gave Teddy his courage to face the dangers of the hostile City-State of Road In Land. First thing he needed to do was catch a ride on the Biddle Under Ship, a dangerous public vehicle that held the city-state’s lowest class. Only the most desperate and poor of all people had to ride the B.U.S. so it could be quite dangerous. But with Sweets talking in his ear Teddy wasn’t scared.

 

While waiting for the B.U.S. Teddy was attacked by the evil Batista’s servants. Creatures so foul they couldn’t be defeated by normal means. They had to be defeated with wit and charm, for while not the most unpleasant of creatures they were not intelligent by any means. Teddy dealt with them swiftly and efficiently. That’s when the B.U.S. showed up, Teddy boarded and began.

 

Now the B.U.S. was supposed to drop Teddy off right in front of the hidden cave of the Church of Tomorrow Morning’s Do-Gooders but with a stench in the air, a stench Teddy particularly hated, and him imagining just spending the whole day with Sweets Divine, Teddy didn’t jump off in time B.U.S. in time. This would cost Teddy greatly. When he finally jumped off the B.U.S. Teddy was a long, long way from his mission goal.

 

He told Sweets what had happen and she, being the good communications officer she was, began to guide Teddy through his mission. With Sweets help Teddy began his 250 mile journey. It wouldn’t be long before Teddy found his first obstacle, a stream of large mechanical sharks all going in separate directions. One wrong step and Teddy could be turned too much in their grills. Teddy watched them for a while, waiting for an opening so he could cross. When he saw it he jumped into the stream and swam as fast as he could across.

 

Not so long later Teddy was sure he was lost but Sweets assured him he was on the right path. However they had to disconnect communications, for Sweets had a prior obligation to her sister, Bunny Smiles. So Teddy traveled on with no one to talk to. To keep himself busy and his mind sane Teddy began to make up songs about his not-so-secret love, Sweets. On his journey alone would have to be careful of mad men riding mechanical sharks screaming at everyone, he would have to battle starvation and thirst. Only one thought kept him going when all seemed lost; I must see my darling Sweets.

 

As if she heard him, Sweets voice rang like an angel singing through Teddy’s ear piece. A smile spread on Teddy’s lips at the sound. He loved speaking with her so much. Teddy told Sweets how far he’d come and that he was at the mouth of the cave, just a little further to find the Church of Tomorrow Morning’s Do-Gooder. Sweets Cheered Teddy on, which lifted his spirits after his long journey. It didn’t take long for Teddy to get his mission goal. Once there he looked around marked to memory and started on his way back.

 

Luckily this time however a B.U.S. would pick him up right in front of Church. But that wouldn’t be for a while and the batteries of Teddy’s head set were dying. Soon they wouldn’t be able to talk. So with what little time they had before his head set died, Teddy and Sweets talked. It lessened the wait for the B.U.S.  by half but soon communications were lost and Teddy had to wait by himself. Sweets grew bored as she waited for Teddy to return to her while Teddy grew anxious thinking about returning to his love and cuddling with her.

 

An hour or so passed before Teddy would finally return to his love. When he did she and he lived happily ever after… until their next grand adventure. 



© 2013 Teddy Westley Graham


Author's Note

Teddy Westley Graham
Thank you for reading. The story you just read was based on actual events. I hope you enjoyed it, until next the next time, Godspeed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2013


Author

Teddy Westley Graham
Teddy Westley Graham

East Providence , RI



About
I'm a poet of sorts. I write short stories. I wrote a book but need to get it edited and then published. I listen to a lot of music. Umm... I'm not very good at writing my profile. I have no religio.. more..

Writing